Is America ready for a black president?

Because you don't want Obama to be President does not mean you don't want a black President.

I agree wholeheartedly. And it pisses me off that so many claim that anyone who dislikes Obama is a racist.

who has done that here?

the people who post racist shit very likely dont wnat him to be president though.

Jesus guys read the post that started the thread.

who has done that here?

the people who post racist shit very likely dont wnat him to be president though.

I was not referring to threads on this site. I have seen none of that here.

I was talking about elsewhere.

who has done that here?

Desh, what are you trying to say? This is the post that started the thread on cbs:

"I got to stop smoking that KB first thing in the monring.. "

I have zero clue what that means.

Desh...get real...

who has done that here?

You start all these racist threads...to stir the pot..now your claiming Ms.Innocent!

I agree wholeheartedly. And it pisses me off that so many claim that anyone who dislikes Obama is a racist.

I don’t think many, if any, try to say that. How it appears to me is, if there is any mention of racism, or sexism btw, people say “so if you don’t like obama you’re racist” or “so if you don’t like Hillary, you’re sexist” This sets up a strawman argument, that is easy to knock down.
What most people say, is that there is some racism that will affect this race. Take a look at this, for anyone who doesn’t believe it. These are those “hardworking whites” in Kentucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8J9laUNgL4&eurl=http://notlarrysabato.typepad.com/

nearly 70 percent of Americans say the country is ready for a black president, a new CBS News poll shows.

Sixty-eight percent of Americans say the country is ready - up 6 points from March and 14 points from January. Eight years ago, only 38 percent of those polled said the country was ready for a black president.

Nearly two in three registered voters - 63 percent - say that most people they know would vote for a black president. But roughly one in four believe that most of the people they know would not.

Democrats (at 67 percent) are slightly more likely than Republicans (at 61 percent) to say most people they know would vote for a black candidate. Older Americans are less likely to respond that people they know would do so: Just 58 percent of those 65 and older say most of the people they know would vote for a black candidate. By contrast, 70 percent of respondents under 30 years old said those they know would do so.

Some of the largest differences are by region. Seventy-two percent of those who live in the West say most people they know would vote for a black person for president. Sixty-six percent in the Northeast and 64 percent in the Midwest agree. But the figure is lowest in the South, where just 54 percent say most people they know would vote for an African-American for president. 33 percent there say most people they know would not.

Yes, America is ready for a Black President. I'm not convinced that Obama is the right candidate for the job. America is also ready for a woman President. I am not convinced that Hillary is/was the right candidate. The country is ready for an old man to take the office (as history has proven time and again). I am not convinced that McCain is the right candidate.

Back