Is Desh a Conservative?

CanadianKid

She is against gun control - aka her neighbour gun story

She is for capital punishment - she wants terrorists to be executed

She wants to cut taxes for big corporations - the ones that dont outsource their jobs

She believes that marriage is between a man and a woman - she believes in civil unions

She wants unfettered free markets - to due away with subsidies and tariffs

I really do believe that Desh is a conservative...

If you ever hear her talk she is all into rightwing conspiracies.... And whenever you see her vote in polls its always with our right wing comrades like Epic, Damocles, etc....

So Desh are a right winger in disguise?

CK

Perhaps Desh, like me, decides on each issue based on the issue. This need to pigeonhole people as either liberal or conservative is nonsense.

On some issues I am quite conservative. On other issues I am quite liberal.
Of course, this means I am called both conservative and liberal, but rarely do they mean it as a compliment.

It also means that I have been called a traitor by both sides for failing to support every issue as they think I should.

How about we just let Desh be Desh. And let Desh decide each issue and argue or agree based solely on the merits of that issue.

Perhaps Desh, like me, decides on each issue based on the issue. This need to pigeonhole people as either liberal or conservative is nonsense.

Of course, this means I am called both conservative and liberal, but rarely do they mean it as a compliment.

It also means that I have been called a traitor by both sides for failing to support every issue as they think I should.

How about we just let Desh be Desh. And let Desh decide each issue and argue or agree based solely on the merits of that issue.

Solitary, the gentleman (and I use that term VERY loosely) CK is a troll. Desh is actually a partisan Democrat. CK, the troll claiming to have an ivy league education, likes to call her a Republican.

That would be fine and dandy if Desh was like that .... but she calls herself a liberal...

Which liberals do you know are against gun control? Against gay marriage?
For tax cuts for corporations?

I dont know any liberals like that...although i do know plenty of conservatives like that....

CK

CK lives in some parrallel universe where that Desh has supported those issues.

I wonder if that Desh thinks this guy is as much a waste of time as this Desh does.

I am pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, pro-separation of church & state, and pro-environmentalism.

So I must be a liberal?

But I am anti-gun control, pro-Fair Tax Act, and anti-nationalized healthcare.

If she calls herself a liberal, does that mean she therefore forfeits her right agree with any conservatives?

That is simply ridiculous.

Thats our little site pet CK.

Well hes really more like a pest than pet , say a cockroach or bedbug.

Indeed you are....!

I am pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, pro-separation of church & state, and pro-environmentalism.

So I must be a liberal?

But I am anti-gun control, pro-Fair Tax Act, and anti-nationalized healthcare.

If she calls herself a liberal, does that mean she therefore forfeits her right agree with any conservatives?

That is simply ridiculous.

You are more classified as a 'social liberal' and a conservative on fiscal issues...therefore you must be a 'Libertarian' or vegitarian or whatever is cool for the moment!:rolleyes:

For the moment? So anything that isn't a democrat or republican is just a fad?

Sorry to ruin the image you have, but I have been a Libertarian for a decade or so.

Yeah, social liberal and fiscal conservative. Namely, I think the government should spend less and take less from me, and that the government has no business in our private lives.

LOL..............

For the moment? So anything that isn't a democrat or republican is just a fad?

Sorry to ruin the image you have, but I have been a Libertarian for a decade or so.

Yeah, social liberal and fiscal conservative. Namely, I think the government should spend less and take less from me, and that the government has no business in our private lives.

Wow...did I call this right or what? Sorry friend but we do live in a 'Republic' not a Democracy...or Vegitarian or Libertarian Society...just a fact of life!

Back