Is McCain going to the debate or not?

Jarod

Contributor
What do you think?

WHy is it up in the air so late in the game?

What is the deal, he is going to get slaughtered in the media if he fails to show!

Or are the Cons going to try to schedule a huge medial circus vote, during the time the debate was scheduled?

A deal will be reached. He'll go to the debate. He'll take credit for the deal. He'll expect everyone to kiss his ass for actually showing up to debate all while single-handedly saving the global economy.

What do you think?

WHy is it up in the air so late in the game?

What is the deal, he is going to get slaughtered in the media if he fails to show!

Eventually the old man is going to get out of his wheelchair and step up to the podium. It would be considered unprecedented, and in fact cowardly, if he totally ducked debating Obama. Especially considering that he issued those challenges to take Obama on a tour of town hall meetings.

His goal, IMO, is to delay the first debate for two primary reasons: He doesn't want to debate Obama in the medium of this climate: a complete meltdown of conservative economic ideology. He does NOT want to take that podium, and have american people reminded while its fresh in their minds, that he was a tool who went along for 26 years with Reaganomics, S&L bailouts, union busting, and deregulation.

His secondary goal is to either delay the Palin debate, to buy her more prep time (God, does she need more prep), or preferably to cancel the VP debate althogether.

McBush blinked.

MSNBC is reporting that he is going to the debate.

My God, this was a horrible week for McCain. His VP pick looks like an absolute desperate last-minute pander, and McCain has been flip flopping around all week, looking like anything but a leader. Even though I have problems with Obama, he has been measured, deliberative and calm about all this shit.

McCain isn't only going, he already won:

mcain_debate.gif

Is it still foreign policy?

Seems weird amid the economic turmoil, but I haven't read that they're changing it.

Should be a good show. I'm also glad that they won't be able to change anything for the VP debate now; I think they really have to be sweating that one out at this point...

Eventually the old man is going to get out of his wheelchair and step up to the podium. It would be considered unprecedented, and in fact cowardly, if he totally ducked debating Obama. Especially considering that he issued those challenges to take Obama on a tour of town hall meetings.

His goal, IMO, is to delay the first debate for two primary reasons: He doesn't want to debate Obama in the medium of this climate: a complete meltdown of conservative economic ideology. He does NOT want to take that podium, and have american people reminded while its fresh in their minds, that he was a tool who went along for 26 years with Reaganomics, S&L bailouts, union busting, and deregulation.

His secondary goal is to either delay the Palin debate, to buy her more prep time (God, does she need more prep), or preferably to cancel the VP debate althogether.

Things like this almost make me want to root for McCain.....almost.

Back