Is Pelosi right?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) said Sunday that Democrats have a “very excellent chance” to retake the House majority in November...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...excellent-chance-to-take-back-house-majority/

I don't know. I think that some of the smarter cons have accepted that Romney is going to lose and are comforting themselves with the belief that the R's are going to hold the house and retake the Senate. Sometime early last week I began believing that the R's are not going to retake the Senate. I've looked at the races. The math doesn't add up. In fact, Warren is surging in MA and I had nearly written that off. Since the convention, she has won over Democratic voters. Too many of them were saying they were going to vote for Brown. It's hard for us here to imagine, but many of them didn't know who Warren was. That's changed. In a state like MA that will vote overwhelmingly for Obama, that's big.

But the House...that seems too much to hope for and I don't have the wherewithal to study those races. Nancy could know something we don't know or she could just be saying that. I do think that if enough righties who were never high on Mitt to begin with, realize he's going to lose, decide why go vote for a guy they never liked who isn't going to win anyway and stay home...then who knows. Either way you are going to see one big meltdown come November, right here. Because Mitt is going to lose and I believe the Dems are going to hold the Senate. See you then!

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) said Sunday that Democrats have a “very excellent chance” to retake the House majority in November...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...excellent-chance-to-take-back-house-majority/

I don't know. I think that some of the smarter cons have accepted that Romney is going to lose and are comforting themselves with the belief that the R's are going to hold the house and retake the Senate. Sometime early last week I began believing that the R's are not going to retake the Senate. I've looked at the races. The math doesn't add up. In fact, Warren is surging in MA and I had nearly written that off. Since the convention, she has won over Democratic voters. Too many of them were saying they were going to vote for Brown. It's hard for us here to imagine, but many of them didn't know who Warren was. That's changed. In a state like MA that will vote overwhelmingly for Obama, that's big.

But the House...that seems too much to hope for and I don't have the wherewithal to study those races. Nancy could know something we don't know or she could just be saying that. I do think that if enough righties who were never high on Mitt to begin with, realize he's going to lose, decide why go vote for a guy they never liked who isn't going to win anyway and stay home to nurture their dreams of 2016 when they will nominate a "real" conservative who shares their values...you know Genghis Khan ...then who knows. Either way you are going to see one big meltdown come November, right here. Because Mitt is going to lose and I believe the Dems are going to hold the Senate. See you then!

Back