Is the US a terrorist state?

I don't think we are a terrorist state per se.

I think we still have some of that sense of "Divine Providence" that led to the virtual destruction of the Native Americans in our formative years.

I think it rears it's ugly head when the interests of other countries aren't aligned with the interests of ours...or our Captains of industry. Then we sometimes feel we have the right to push others around.

Take oil for instance...we pay 3.50/gallon. The rest of the world pays about $4/liter. Which is more than 4x the amount. Good deal, huh? Until you add in the tax breaks to big oil and other subsidies that go into it....not to mention the military cost of the constant conflict over there. That all comes out of our paychecks in the form of taxes. So that good deal of the price at the pump becomes a shitty deal for everyone BUT the oil companies.

That was awesome, not terrorism. What we did to the Natives Americans was terrorism, though.

I would drink a toast every anniversary of Dresden if it were something we started commemorating out of guilt...

That was awesome, not terrorism. What we did to the Natives Americans was terrorism, though.

I would drink a toast every anniversary of Dresden if it were something we started commemorating out of guilt...

Yeah... Dresden was another example.

Edit: are you saying that what happened to Native Americans wasn't terrorism? Kind of got mixed messages from your post.

Back