Is the US Supreme Court really non-partisan? Aka an honest judge of the truth..

CanadianKid

Whats funny is the Supreme Court is just a bunch of conservative judges vs. moderate judges....

Seems the partisanship is there in just about every ruling.... All these 5-4 rulings, even though they are supposedly unbiased and non-partisan...

The US Supreme Court is really messed up... Thats all I got to say about that! Peace out!

CK

Ha wtf is your love of posting my name. I swear I think you wanna fuck me.

Seriously though they don't judge "the truth" they judge constitutionality.

Whether you post his name or not, Epi is correct.

The US Supreme Court does not judge truth or fact. They judge whether something is constitutional.

Whether you post his name or not, Epi is correct.

The US Supreme Court does not judge truth or fact. They judge whether something is constitutional.
This is not exactly true. Sometimes the SCOTUS reviews cases De Novo. Which means they look at all the facts at trial as well. That review is typically done in the light most favorable to the prevailing party down below. They don't read ALL the testimony but they do review facts in a de nove review. Especially in cases where they have to do things like determine if a search was valid under the fourth amendment and the judicially excepted exceptions. Not all cases are reviewed this way but many are so the truth is they do review the facts in a case. But not truth. To hard from a reading to determine if the witness was truthful.

This is not exactly true. Sometimes the SCOTUS reviews cases De Novo. Which means they look at all the facts at trial as well. That review is typically done in the light most favorable to the prevailing party down below. They don't read ALL the testimony but they do review facts in a de nove review. Especially in cases where they have to do things like determine if a search was valid under the fourth amendment and the judicially excepted exceptions. Not all cases are reviewed this way but many are so the truth is they do review the facts in a case. But not truth. To hard from a reading to determine if the witness was truthful.

You are right, Soc. I stand corrected.

You are right, Soc. I stand corrected.
Not corrected, but better informed. More people need to understand what the court does and how it does it. It is truly the only quasi-royal position in this country. The justices are there for life and can affect all of us for Decades after they are gone.

Whats funny is the Supreme Court is just a bunch of conservative judges vs. moderate judges....

Seems the partisanship is there in just about every ruling.... All these 5-4 rulings, even though they are supposedly unbiased and non-partisan...

The US Supreme Court is really messed up... Thats all I got to say about that! Peace out!

CK

The supreme court currently only has 1 swing voter, Anthony Kennedy, who pretty much decides all important cases, because everyone else is predictable.

interesting dialog on this one

TSCOTUSA is a reflection not only of the politics of the president that appointed each justice, but also the evolving mindset of each justice - over time they may move toward the center from extreme left or right or horrors of horrors, become more liberal

even though each president that appoints a justice thinks they know how that justice will vote, they do not necessarily vote that way, i.e., the Guantanamo decision :)

also, they vote their interpretation of the constitution or facts and are hardly infallible

they are, however, rather conservative with regard to overturning previous decisions

Back