Is there a way a mod can make this setting?

anonymoose

Classical Liberal
The person who starts a thread can thread ban someone who shows up and trolls his/her thread after the thread is posted?

The person who starts a thread can thread ban someone who shows up and trolls his/her thread after the thread is posted?

It's been Damo's policy that the mods can thread ban upon request. They don't want it used unnecessarily/without cause, though, so, we probably won't get that option. If there's someone you genuinely dislike, you need to ban them the first time, otherwise your request will be regarded as trolling.

Edit: I remember Grind stating that they would stop doing this over a year ago because it was becoming a problem.

It's been Damo's policy that the mods can thread ban upon request. They don't want it used unnecessarily/without cause, though, so, we probably won't get that option. If there's someone you genuinely dislike, you need to ban them the first time, otherwise your request will be regarded as trolling.

Edit: I remember Grind stating that they would stop doing this over a year ago because it was becoming a problem.

Yeah pretty much this. If I recall correctly, Earl requested that I am threadbanned and Phanty did so.

APL should be thread banned for calling Phantasmal's ass 'Phanty'. (we all know APL has an 'Ass Fetish')

Grind declared he would stop doing retro bans. I never made such a declaration.

Most generic Forum softwares provide the members a capability to ban anyone they desire- from being able to post in their threads.

Most forums are set up so that when one member bans another- THEY CAN'T EVEN SEE EACH OTHERS COMMENTS OR THREADS!

Back