Israel gave them safe passage to save a 6-year-old girl in Gaza. They were all killed

Scott

Verified User
I referenced this story a few days ago in a thread that got no response. Perhaps now that it's in the mainstream media, it will, guess I'll find out...

The Washington Post

For three-and-a-half long hours on Jan. 29, the cellphone in 6-year old Hind Rajab’s hands was the closest thing she had to a lifeline. Alone in the back seat of a car outside a Gaza City gas station, she was drifting in and out of consciousness, surrounded by bodies, as she told emergency dispatchers that Israeli tanks were rumbling closer.

From the operations room of the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS), roughly 50 miles away in the city of Ramallah, the team on duty had done their best to save the child. Paramedics were on their way, the dispatchers kept telling her: Hold on.

The paramedics were driving to their deaths.

Twelve days later, when a Palestinian civil defense crew finally reached the area, they found Hind’s body in a car riddled with bullets, according to her uncle, Samir Hamada, who also arrived at the scene early that morning. The ambulance lay charred roughly 50 meters away (about 164 feet) from the car, its destruction consistent with the use of a round fired by Israeli tanks, according to six munitions experts.

In a statement, the Israel Defense Forces said they conducted a preliminary investigation and that its forces were “not present near the vehicle or within the firing range” of the Hamada family car. Nor, they said, had they been required to provide the ambulance permission to enter the area. The State Department said it has raised the case repeatedly with the Israelis. “The Israelis told us there had, in fact, been IDF units in the area, but the IDF had no knowledge of or involvement in the type of strike described,” said spokesman Matt Miller.

A Washington Post investigation found that Israeli armored vehicles were present in the area in the afternoon, and that gunfire audible as Hind and her cousin Layan begged for help, as well as extensive damage caused to the ambulance, are consistent with Israeli weapons. The analysis is based on satellite imagery, contemporaneous dispatcher recordings, photos and videos of the aftermath, interviews with 13 dispatchers, family members and rescue workers, and more than a dozen military, satellite, munitions and audio experts who reviewed the evidence, as well as the IDF’s own statements.

PRCS as well as representatives from Euro-Med Monitor and the Civil Defense who visited the scene on Feb. 10 provided visuals to The Post, which it verified by independently confirming the location using satellite imagery, open-source maps and eyewitness interviews.

[snip]

Around 1 p.m., Hind’s cousin, 15-year-old Layan, called Samir. She told him they were surrounded and the Israeli army had opened fire on their car.

[The article has audio, not for the feint of heart]

After Qam’s call with Layan ended, the PRCS operations room called back immediately and Hind answered. Layan was dead and tanks were moving toward the car, she told another dispatcher, Rana Faqih. Hind described the presence of tanks at least five more times throughout the call.

[snip]

As the call with the paramedics drops at 6 p.m., a bang is audible on the call with Hind.

But the call with the girl continued, suggesting that cellphone service was not cut.

Red Crescent dispatchers had managed to patch Hind’s mother, Wesam, into the call in the hope that it might calm the child.

When the bang echoed out through the phone line, Wesam cried out: “Hanood, are you okay?”

A moment later, Hind replied.

“Yes,” she said.

By this point, everyone on the call with Hind — her family, the dispatchers — were praying they would not lose her too. She was falling silent for long periods. The team did what they could to keep her talking, but it was clear that the child’s thoughts had begun to loop. She just kept saying, “Come get me, quickly.”

If the phone ran out of battery, Faqih told her, she was to stay in the car, where they could still find her. “If night comes and we don’t come, close your eyes so that you don’t see the tanks.”

They lost contact with her soon after 6 p.m., spokeswoman Nebal Farsakh recalled.

No one spoke much after that. The room felt muffled with shock. They tried to call Hind again and again, Farsakh said, but no one answered.

Twelve days later

The ambulance had come to a stop where a dark spot resembling a scorch mark first appeared in satellite imagery taken at 10:21 a.m. on Jan. 30 — the morning after contact with the paramedics and Hind were lost.

When the IDF withdrew from the area nearly two weeks later on Feb. 10, Palestinian residents, including Samir, Hind’s uncle, and a civil defense crew found a haunting scene.

The door and pieces of the hood of the family car had been torn off. Samir described his brother’s body as “dangling” from the driver’s seat. The stench of decomposing corpses clung to the vehicle. He struggled to look at the bodies of the five children sandwiched on the back seat. Hind sat to the right of Layan, who was behind the driver. A page from what looks like a coloring book was crumpled where their feet would have rested. The bodies were so decomposed that it was not possible immediately see where the gunshots had hit them, Samir said. “We were only able to deduce their identities,” he recalled.

Holes in the Hamada family car were probably made by a 7.62 caliber machine gun, a weapon fixed to the Merkava, Namer and Puma, said Andrew Galer, head of the land platform and weapons team at defense intelligence firm Janes, who examined photos and video of the aftermath.

Armored vehicles, including some that roughly match the size of those seen in the Jan. 29 satellite imagery, were also present in the same location multiple times in the following 12 days.

A fragment of a U.S.-made 120mm round, which can be fired by the Merkava, was visible in video and images after rescue crews searched the scenes.

Full article:
Palestinian paramedics said Israel gave them safe passage to save a 6-year-old girl in Gaza. They were all killed. | MSN

I referenced this story a few days ago in a thread that got no response. Perhaps now that it's in the mainstream media, it will, guess I'll find out...

The Washington Post

For three-and-a-half long hours on Jan. 29, the cellphone in 6-year old Hind Rajab’s hands was the closest thing she had to a lifeline. Alone in the back seat of a car outside a Gaza City gas station, she was drifting in and out of consciousness, surrounded by bodies, as she told emergency dispatchers that Israeli tanks were rumbling closer.

From the operations room of the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS), roughly 50 miles away in the city of Ramallah, the team on duty had done their best to save the child. Paramedics were on their way, the dispatchers kept telling her: Hold on.

The paramedics were driving to their deaths.

Twelve days later, when a Palestinian civil defense crew finally reached the area, they found Hind’s body in a car riddled with bullets, according to her uncle, Samir Hamada, who also arrived at the scene early that morning. The ambulance lay charred roughly 50 meters away (about 164 feet) from the car, its destruction consistent with the use of a round fired by Israeli tanks, according to six munitions experts.

In a statement, the Israel Defense Forces said they conducted a preliminary investigation and that its forces were “not present near the vehicle or within the firing range” of the Hamada family car. Nor, they said, had they been required to provide the ambulance permission to enter the area. The State Department said it has raised the case repeatedly with the Israelis. “The Israelis told us there had, in fact, been IDF units in the area, but the IDF had no knowledge of or involvement in the type of strike described,” said spokesman Matt Miller.

A Washington Post investigation found that Israeli armored vehicles were present in the area in the afternoon, and that gunfire audible as Hind and her cousin Layan begged for help, as well as extensive damage caused to the ambulance, are consistent with Israeli weapons. The analysis is based on satellite imagery, contemporaneous dispatcher recordings, photos and videos of the aftermath, interviews with 13 dispatchers, family members and rescue workers, and more than a dozen military, satellite, munitions and audio experts who reviewed the evidence, as well as the IDF’s own statements.

PRCS as well as representatives from Euro-Med Monitor and the Civil Defense who visited the scene on Feb. 10 provided visuals to The Post, which it verified by independently confirming the location using satellite imagery, open-source maps and eyewitness interviews.

[snip]

Around 1 p.m., Hind’s cousin, 15-year-old Layan, called Samir. She told him they were surrounded and the Israeli army had opened fire on their car.

[The article has audio, not for the feint of heart]

After Qam’s call with Layan ended, the PRCS operations room called back immediately and Hind answered. Layan was dead and tanks were moving toward the car, she told another dispatcher, Rana Faqih. Hind described the presence of tanks at least five more times throughout the call.

[snip]

As the call with the paramedics drops at 6 p.m., a bang is audible on the call with Hind.

But the call with the girl continued, suggesting that cellphone service was not cut.

Red Crescent dispatchers had managed to patch Hind’s mother, Wesam, into the call in the hope that it might calm the child.

When the bang echoed out through the phone line, Wesam cried out: “Hanood, are you okay?”

A moment later, Hind replied.

“Yes,” she said.

By this point, everyone on the call with Hind — her family, the dispatchers — were praying they would not lose her too. She was falling silent for long periods. The team did what they could to keep her talking, but it was clear that the child’s thoughts had begun to loop. She just kept saying, “Come get me, quickly.”

If the phone ran out of battery, Faqih told her, she was to stay in the car, where they could still find her. “If night comes and we don’t come, close your eyes so that you don’t see the tanks.”

They lost contact with her soon after 6 p.m., spokeswoman Nebal Farsakh recalled.

No one spoke much after that. The room felt muffled with shock. They tried to call Hind again and again, Farsakh said, but no one answered.

Twelve days later

The ambulance had come to a stop where a dark spot resembling a scorch mark first appeared in satellite imagery taken at 10:21 a.m. on Jan. 30 — the morning after contact with the paramedics and Hind were lost.

When the IDF withdrew from the area nearly two weeks later on Feb. 10, Palestinian residents, including Samir, Hind’s uncle, and a civil defense crew found a haunting scene.

The door and pieces of the hood of the family car had been torn off. Samir described his brother’s body as “dangling” from the driver’s seat. The stench of decomposing corpses clung to the vehicle. He struggled to look at the bodies of the five children sandwiched on the back seat. Hind sat to the right of Layan, who was behind the driver. A page from what looks like a coloring book was crumpled where their feet would have rested. The bodies were so decomposed that it was not possible immediately see where the gunshots had hit them, Samir said. “We were only able to deduce their identities,” he recalled.

Holes in the Hamada family car were probably made by a 7.62 caliber machine gun, a weapon fixed to the Merkava, Namer and Puma, said Andrew Galer, head of the land platform and weapons team at defense intelligence firm Janes, who examined photos and video of the aftermath.

Armored vehicles, including some that roughly match the size of those seen in the Jan. 29 satellite imagery, were also present in the same location multiple times in the following 12 days.

A fragment of a U.S.-made 120mm round, which can be fired by the Merkava, was visible in video and images after rescue crews searched the scenes.

Full article:
Palestinian paramedics said Israel gave them safe passage to save a 6-year-old girl in Gaza. They were all killed. | MSN

Well, one part of the story is inaccurate. That's the implied nature of the 120mm round. The photo in the article shows a section of discarding sabot associated with the M830A1 HEAT round. This is a jacket that separates from the actual round shortly after leaving the barrel. It is one of three sections that come off as the actual round is subcaliber (smaller than 120mm) and the sabot portion is there to make the round fit in the tube of the gun.

Photo from the article:
BB1lHC1B.img

Depiction of how this round's sabot discards on leaving the gun barrel:
polet1.jpg

This round isn't generally used against 'soft' targets like a car or people as it has limited high explosive effectiveness in that situation.

This is what this round does on hitting a tank, the intended main purpose of the round:

v2-650fa24ca27a8ca69d15a902df805087_b.jpg

Note the characteristic "splash" marks around the impact and penetration site. These are normal on any hit.

Well, one part of the story is inaccurate. That's the implied nature of the 120mm round. The photo in the article shows a section of discarding sabot associated with the M830A1 HEAT round. This is a jacket that separates from the actual round shortly after leaving the barrel. It is one of three sections that come off as the actual round is subcaliber (smaller than 120mm) and the sabot portion is there to make the round fit in the tube of the gun.

Photo from the article:
BB1lHC1B.img

Depiction of how this round's sabot discards on leaving the gun barrel:
polet1.jpg

This round isn't generally used against 'soft' targets like a car or people as it has limited high explosive effectiveness in that situation.

This is what this round does on hitting a tank, the intended main purpose of the round:

v2-650fa24ca27a8ca69d15a902df805087_b.jpg

Note the characteristic "splash" marks around the impact and penetration site. These are normal on any hit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here- is it that normally, these rounds are used against tanks, rather than ambulances? If so, all I can say is, "I should hope so."

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here- is it that normally, these rounds are used against tanks, rather than ambulances? If so, all I can say is, "I should hope so."

What I'm saying is whatever hit that ambulance, it wasn't this round. This round doesn't do the kind of damage shown.

What I'm saying is whatever hit that ambulance, it wasn't this round. This round doesn't do the kind of damage shown.

Ahhh ok. The Washington Post article made it clear it wasn't sure the round was related to the Ambulance's destruction right after the line I mentioned:
The Post was not able to determine exactly where just north of the ambulance the fragment was originally found or if it was directly connected to the ambulance strike given the time elapsed and the ongoing fighting.

But given all the other evidence, would you agree that it's highly likely that the IDF destroyed the ambulance and killed Hind Rajab and her family, despite the IDF's denials?

Do you say that whenever there's a story that doesn't fit with your preconceived notions of what's going on in Gaza?

Terrorist promoters have all sorts of stories. What you offer is raterly, if ever accurate. This is another round of "Jews attacked a Gaza Hospital." And once the facts come out we will find Hamas behind it - yet again.

These faked stories have been dubbed "Palywood" as the works of fiction that they are.

Ahhh ok. The Washington Post article made it clear it wasn't sure the round was related to the Ambulance's destruction right after the line I mentioned:
The Post was not able to determine exactly where just north of the ambulance the fragment was originally found or if it was directly connected to the ambulance strike given the time elapsed and the ongoing fighting.

But given all the other evidence, would you agree that it's highly likely that the IDF destroyed the ambulance and killed Hind Rajab and her family, despite the IDF's denials?

I suspect, suspect... That the ambulance was carrying more than medics and medical equipment. This is something that has been commonly seen for decades in the low level fighting by Hamas et al., in Gaza. That is, it was carrying ammunition and other explosives, got hit by something and detonated.

I would say it's definitely possible, and given past usage by Hamas, being in an active combat zone and getting shot up is something that is to be expected, not the exception.

I suspect, suspect... That the ambulance was carrying more than medics and medical equipment.

I see...

This is something that has been commonly seen for decades in the low level fighting by Hamas et al., in Gaza. That is, it was carrying ammunition and other explosives, got hit by something and detonated.

Seen or alleged by Israel?

I would say it's definitely possible, and given past usage by Hamas, being in an active combat zone and getting shot up is something that is to be expected, not the exception.

There are 2 main issues here. First, Israel cleared the ambulance to go to rescue 6 year old Hind. Not only that, but they told the ambulance the specific route to take and to go slow. Given this fact, I think it's reasonable to assume that the IDF knew exactly where they were when the ambulance was destroyed. Secondly, would you agree that it stretches credulity for the Israeli army to say that none of their military vehicles were around when satellite imagery clearly shows that they were?

If the Israelies believed the ambulance was carrying ammunition, they could have said that. Instead, they acted like they had no military personnel or vehicles in the area, statements which are clearly contradicted by the evidence. And ofcourse there was Layan telling her family and the ambulance crew that there were military personnel surrounding the car. You can even hear what appears to be Layan's final scream at the same time as loud gunshot fire if you have the stomach for it. Honestly, I didn't even listen to Lind's final please for help. Only so much I want to put myself through.

I see...

Seen and verified.

Hamas admits using ambulances for terrorist transportation in leaked phone call
https://fox11online.com/news/nation...ast-humanitarian-crisis-israel-defense-forces

IDF releases damning evidence of Hamas using ambulances to move around Gaza
Days after rare Israeli strike on ambulance in Gaza, army releases intercepted call in which Hamas terrorist admits ‘I can leave with any ambulance I want’

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1pwadtqt

This is nothing new. It's been in the news in the past as well. I saw a clip some years ago where right in front of the camera, an ambulance arrived and there were Hamas combatants unloading weapons and ammunition as others loaded wounded and injured into it.

There are 2 main issues here. First, Israel cleared the ambulance to go to rescue 6 year old Hind. Not only that, but they told the ambulance the specific route to take and to go slow. Given this fact, I think it's reasonable to assume that the IDF knew exactly where they were when the ambulance was destroyed. Secondly, would you agree that it stretches credulity for the Israeli army to say that none of their military vehicles were around when satellite imagery clearly shows that they were?

But the ambulance deviated from that route as it went.

Or this case:

Israel says it hit an ambulance used by Hamas. Gaza officials say it was carrying the wounded.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...y-gaza-palestine-al-shifa-hospital-rcna123624

If the Israelies believed the ambulance was carrying ammunition, they could have said that. Instead, they acted like they had no military personnel or vehicles in the area, statements which are clearly contradicted by the evidence. And ofcourse there was Layan telling her family and the ambulance crew that there were military personnel surrounding the car. You can even hear what appears to be Layan's final scream at the same time as loud gunshot fire if you have the stomach for it. Honestly, I didn't even listen to Lind's final please for help. Only so much I want to put myself through.

It's also possible that the unit on the ground near the car and ambulance didn't get the word or misunderstood in communications what was going on and took the ambulance as a hostile, due to their previous use as a means to move combatants and weapons and fired on it erroneously.

In any case, things like this happen in combat zones. Combat zones are very dangerous places, and the smart thing to do is stay the hell out of them or if in one, hide really, really good so you don't get shot.

I suspect, suspect... That the ambulance was carrying more than medics and medical equipment. This is something that has been commonly seen for decades in the low level fighting by Hamas et al., in Gaza. That is, it was carrying ammunition and other explosives, got hit by something and detonated.

Seen and verified.

Hamas admits using ambulances for terrorist transportation in leaked phone call
https://fox11online.com/news/nation...ast-humanitarian-crisis-israel-defense-forces

IDF releases damning evidence of Hamas using ambulances to move around Gaza
Days after rare Israeli strike on ambulance in Gaza, army releases intercepted call in which Hamas terrorist admits ‘I can leave with any ambulance I want’

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1pwadtqt

What you have in both of those articles is the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) saying that this is what Hamas does, as well as alleged members of Hamas admitting to these things- in some cases, prisoners, and if torture is involved, this certainly can't be considered reliable testimony.

This is nothing new. It's been in the news in the past as well. I saw a clip some years ago where right in front of the camera, an ambulance arrived and there were Hamas combatants unloading weapons and ammunition as others loaded wounded and injured into it.

I acknowledge that you may have seen legitimate footage. However, I suspect that, as now, this probably occurred when Israel was occupying some Palestinian land. Surely you don't expect Palestinians to just let themselves be slaughtered without at least a -token- amount of armed resistance?

But the ambulance deviated from that route as it went.

According to who? The Washington Post article suggests that the ambulance was on the route that it had been told to follow. From the article:
The Post’s review also found that the ambulance was discovered along a route provided by COGAT, an arm of the Israeli Defense Ministry that generally coordinates safe passage for medical vehicles with the IDF. COGAT initially referred specific questions about the ambulance to the IDF. In mid-March, Elad Goren, head of Coordination and Liaison Administration at COGAT, told The Post that the agency “coordinated everything … including the ambulance that wanted to go and find Hind,” but said he was “not aware” of the specifics. COGAT did not respond to repeated requests to clarify.

The IDF denied that any coordination had taken place, repeating its assertion that its forces were not in the area. It did not comment on two detailed timelines of the incident, or on the expert findings, provided by The Post.

Or this case:

Israel says it hit an ambulance used by Hamas. Gaza officials say it was carrying the wounded.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...y-gaza-palestine-al-shifa-hospital-rcna123624

Here you have a he said/she said- I don't see any compelling evidence that Israel was right here. But perhaps more importantly, considering just how many Palestinian civilians the IDF has slaughtered, it only makes sense that -some- of them would try to defend themselves.

It's also possible that the unit on the ground near the car and ambulance didn't get the word or misunderstood in communications what was going on and took the ambulance as a hostile, due to their previous use as a means to move combatants and weapons and fired on it erroneously.

Possibly, but if so, it would still mean that israel is lying when it said that there were no combat units in the area. Perhaps the most damning evidence of all is that the 2 young girls were literally saying that they were surrounded by military units, and ofcourse Lind talking about the tank that was so near her.

In any case, things like this happen in combat zones. Combat zones are very dangerous places, and the smart thing to do is stay the hell out of them or if in one, hide really, really good so you don't get shot.

They had been trying to leave as the IDF instructed. From the Washington Post article:
But late on Jan. 28, Israeli forces returned to western Gaza City in numbers. Posts on social media show heavy gunfire and airstrikes in that part of the city just after midnight local time. At 9:32 a.m., the IDF issued a call in Arabic on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, asking residents in the west of Gaza City — including the Tel al-Hawa area — to evacuate immediately.

Hind’s uncle, Bashar, and his wife packed her into the car along with her four cousins, Bashar’s brother Samir said. They planned to drive north, out of the evacuation zone and back toward the family home in northern Gaza City.

The family stopped less than a quarter of a mile from where they started.

Around 1 p.m., Hind’s cousin, 15-year-old Layan, called Samir. She told him they were surrounded and that the Israeli army had opened fire on their car.

​​Everyone in the vehicle, except for Hind and Layan, were dead, she said. Samir called another uncle, Mohammed, who eventually reached the PRCS.

A dispatcher, Omar al-Qam, first reached Layan around 2:30 p.m.

[audio recording in original article]

The girl screamed, and the call dropped. “Hello,” Qam shouted. “Hello?”

While Qam spoke to Layan, 62 gunshots are audible over six seconds in two bursts of fire on a recording of the call, according to Earshot, a nonprofit that conducts investigations using audio evidence.

Full article:

The above is a PalyWood Production brought to you by Generous donations from CAIR, Hezbollah, and Hamas.

Do you say that whenever there's a story that doesn't fit with your preconceived notions of what's going on in Gaza?

Terrorist promoters have all sorts of stories.

I can certainly agree with that. I just think that the largest terroritsts here are those who run the Israeli "Defense" Force.

I can certainly agree with that. I just think that the largest terroritsts here are those who run the Israeli "Defense" Force.

Of course, Hamas are angels who only tell the truth - which is why you ALWAYS believe them and repeat their claims.

I don't know why no one believes you or your Iranian sponsors....

Back