It appears that they REALLY are in bed with big oil.

I bet the mms is pissed this got out.
The females the vendors roll out to take the engineers to lunch really do make Palin look like a pig.

Seems that employees at the Minerals Management Services took tens of thousands in gifts from the energy companies and the DoI Inspector General found that they also used drugs and had sex with industry people and even worked to rig contracts. Looks like it was party time in Denver even BEFORE the Dem Convention.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94482311

liberials will be liberials. I think they made pot legal for the event (DEM convention) also.

I bet the mms is pissed this got out.
The females the vendors roll out to take the engineers to lunch really do make Palin look like a pig.
Yeah I bet they really are pissed that they got caught fucking the american people. Everyone involved violated the conflict of interest law, at least one person has gon to prison over this, all of them should, and the energy company people should be charged with bribery.

As I wrote on Desh's thread last night I hate the government and would never work for a government agency but a job like this might give me pause. These guy's were partying at work events and females and males were mixing it up. Who knew workers for the government actually had fun?

As I wrote on Desh's thread last night I hate the government and would never work for a government agency but a job like this might give me pause. These guy's were partying at work events and females and males were mixing it up. Who knew workers for the government actually had fun?

I think you're missing the point here cawacko. It's not that government employees were partying together and having a great time. Instead, government employees subject to ethical laws were partying, accepting gifts and other extravagances (including sex and blow) from the industry they were supposed to be regulating, all in violation of federal law. You know, bribery and such and cutting deals to industry friends at the expense of tax payers in exchange for all sort of goodies.

You can pooh-pooh it all you want, but the Interior Department collects one of the largest sources of federal revenue through royalties and public land rights and would be the agency in charge of awarding any leases, contract or royalty schemes if domestic drilling is expanded.

In short, it's kind of a big deal.

I think you're missing the point here cawacko. It's not that government employees were partying together and having a great time. Instead, government employees subject to ethical laws were partying, accepting gifts and other extravagances (including sex and blow) from the industry they were supposed to be regulating, all in violation of federal law. You know, bribery and such and cutting deals to industry friends at the expense of tax payers in exchange for all sort of goodies.

You can pooh-pooh it all you want, but the Interior Department collects one of the largest sources of federal revenue through royalties and public land rights and would be the agency in charge of awarding any leases, contract or royalty schemes if domestic drilling is expanded.

In short, it's kind of a big deal.

The partying and all that still doesn't bother me. You have to do your job however and if these people didn't perform it or broke laws then I don't support that. If you are breaking laws then I hope you get caught and punished.

Last edited:
While partying with cuties sounds good. Going to jail for it sounds like the ultimate hangover.

I'll stay in private industry.

Did you guys miss the part of the story where the employees started a business and then gave themselves contracts?

Did you miss the part of the story that the heads of these entities are going to get off scott free because they are tied to Bush and the DOJ is refusing to prosicute them even though they are involved?

Did you guys miss the part of the story where the employees started a business and then gave themselves contracts?

Did you miss the part of the story that the heads of these entities are going to get off scott free because they are tied to Bush and the DOJ is refusing to prosicute them even though they are involved?

well we would not want to endanger a criminals retirement now would we ? Heck that would start a panic in the republican side of congress.

When you add regulation for the sake of adding it as a token (not saying that's the case here) but you have to have accountabilty of all the added regulation.
I.E. dems forcing loans to minorities, should have added some oversight as well.

The oversight was there and these loans presented no problems until Gram Lreach Bliley took the glass steagal protections down.

It was deregulation that caused it.

Now that has nothing to do with this issue because the DOJ could have prosicuted but they did not on this and many other things to protect the R admin.

Back