It is not looking good for the Rs

The only reason I disagree, Desh, is that it should be a slam-dunk.

The war is a disastor started by lies. The economy is in the toilet. Bush has alienated every friend except UK and Israel. Our education system sucks. The environmental movement has been set back decades. The national debt is at record levels. There has been a ton of under the table bullshit that has been reported.

And yet McCain is still in the game. (not winning, but in the game)

Considering the republican's abandonment of their strongest planks (fiscal responsibility & family values) the dems should be kicking their ass so bad that McCain shouldn't be able to count on votes from his own family.

Yep

Plenty of evidence for that in past elections.

Like Marion Barry being re-elected mayor of DC?

I was thinking of where to put this, and I'm not sure if this says more about how crappy the republicans are seen, or how stupid the voters are.

Anyone remember when John Ashcroft didn't get reelected to the US Senate?

Anyone remember who beat him? Mel Carnahan.

Anyone remember why it was noteworthy that Carnahan won that election?

Since the election was held in Nov of 2000, it is noteworthy because Mel Carnahan DIED in a plane crash on October 17th of 2000.

I was thinking of where to put this, and I'm not sure if this says more about how crappy the republicans are seen, or how stupid the voters are.

Anyone remember when John Ashcroft didn't get reelected to the US Senate?

Anyone remember who beat him? Mel Carnahan.

Anyone remember why it was noteworthy that Carnahan won that election?

Since the election was held in Nov of 2000, it is noteworthy because Mel Carnahan DIED in a plane crash on October 17th of 2000.

yeah, Carnahan was well known in Misery as was his wife. They had no choice but to leave his name on the ticket. The Lt. Gov. (who became Gov upon death of Carnahan) promised to appoint Jean if people voted for Mel. The close election thus stayed close and as promised Jean was appointed in place of Mel when Mel won. Bottom line though.... the state of Misery still sucks.

I think Obama will win. The electoral college thing is going to work out for the democrats this time. Why is it close...??? I have a lot of theories but let's just say it comes down to certain issues the candidates still differ on. Most people see McCain as different from Bush and are willing to vote for him.

Back