It's over now.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
This is one odd election. Often the debates are the final link to a candidates winning the election though that's not always the case. It certainly wasn't with Bush/Gore and Bush/Kerry where Bush was soundly beaten in both debates but still became President.

But now, 2 days before the debate we have one candidate opting out of the debate while the sitting President warns the nation of a pending disaster.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not going to listen to any more polls. Obama has and will win and Bush cemented that last night.

When Bush decided to address the nation he had to know that his address would have to be a home run or he would completely undermine McCain's chances of winning.

Bush had to do three things well last night in his address to the nation in order not to undermine McCains chances;

#1. He had to explain to the American public how we got into this mess. He explained that fairly well.

#2. He had to explain what the consequences can be to the public if we dont' act quickly. Again, he did a fairly good job there.

#3. He had to explain the measures to be taken to fix this problem. Whiff! Strike 3! You're out and Barak Obama will be our next US President.

He not only did not provide adequate details for a solution but who the hell in their right mind is going to trust his adminisration with 700 billion of our tax dollars considering his track record? (Shut up Dixie, you'd pick peanuts out of the mans shit and smile while you're eating them.).

George W. Bush assured an Obama Presidency last night.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

I hope you are right but it scares me just that McPalin could actually lead the nation. She is downright silly and he mumbles and reads and mumbles and reads at every stop. As a candidate he has to at least pretend he is thinking, as President God help us.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue the same economic policies that are destroying the middle class in America.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j56i15Wdgok"]YouTube - Mccain Caught Lying(exposed on youtube) Worst Nightmare[/ame]

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

I like how you quote a conservative to point out that democracy is greatly unreliable. I actually agree with you on that critique, but lets not forget that it was liberals who pushed against classical republicanism and brought greater levels of democracy upon us. That story is essentially the story of the Democractic Party. Good Job.

I actually like Englands style of govt best. They can kick out the PM just cause they don't like him. And their house debates and such are pretty entertaining.

I like how you quote a conservative to point out that democracy is greatly unreliable. I actually agree with you on that critique, but lets not forget that it was liberals who pushed against classical republicanism and brought greater levels of democracy upon us. That story is essentially the story of the Democractic Party. Good Job.

Yeah like the terror of abolishing property requirements. ZOMG?!

John Quincy Adams was not a conservitive in the modern political sense and he certainly wasn't a reactionary as the rightwingers today define conservatism. John Q was a Federalist.
Yes, and its unfortunate that they fell apart. America's best hopes laid upon the Federalist Party and it crumbled, leaving the country in the hands of Jeffersonian and Jacksonian Democracy. They were, nevertheless, conservatives and not liberals. The bulk of today's Republican neocons are former liberal Democrats, which is why they aren't very conservative.

We need to shore up the potentials of our economy, and create an environment that promotes the vascalation of jobs in a growing, job oriented economy, and see trade as an opportunity, and not as a vanguard.

Yes, and its unfortunate that they fell apart. America's best hopes laid upon the Federalist Party and it crumbled, leaving the country in the hands of Jeffersonian and Jacksonian Democracy. They were, nevertheless, conservatives and not liberals. The bulk of today's Republican neocons are former liberal Democrats, which is why they aren't very conservative.

A few conservative Democrats switched to the Republican ticket. They never formed the majority of the Republican party. No, your policies really won the south over. They fell in love with conservatism, and now practice it. And it's a common right wing tactic, that whenever you are in power and your administration, of course, fails, you just say that it's actually a leftwing administration, and then go on and do that same thing again. Enough if enough. Fuck you, conservatards.

This is one odd election. Often the debates are the final link to a candidates winning the election though that's not always the case. It certainly wasn't with Bush/Gore and Bush/Kerry where Bush was soundly beaten in both debates but still became President.

But now, 2 days before the debate we have one candidate opting out of the debate while the sitting President warns the nation of a pending disaster.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not going to listen to any more polls. Obama has and will win and Bush cemented that last night.

When Bush decided to address the nation he had to know that his address would have to be a home run or he would completely undermine McCain's chances of winning.

Bush had to do three things well last night in his address to the nation in order not to undermine McCains chances;

#1. He had to explain to the American public how we got into this mess. He explained that fairly well.

#2. He had to explain what the consequences can be to the public if we dont' act quickly. Again, he did a fairly good job there.

#3. He had to explain the measures to be taken to fix this problem. Whiff! Strike 3! You're out and Barak Obama will be our next US President.

He not only did not provide adequate details for a solution but who the hell in their right mind is going to trust his adminisration with 700 billion of our tax dollars considering his track record? (Shut up Dixie, you'd pick peanuts out of the mans shit and smile while you're eating them.).

George W. Bush assured an Obama Presidency last night.
Ok, so no more talk of McCain having a chance. Thank you very much. Obama wins, end of discussion.

We need to shore up the potentials of our economy, and create an environment that promotes the vascalation of jobs in a growing, job oriented economy, and see trade as an opportunity, and not as a vanguard.

Yep a jobless recovery turns out to be a stupid concept doesn't it? Especially in an economy 2/3 based on consumer spending.

Back