It's recall Day in Cheeseland!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Dems need to keep their 3 State Senators from being recalled (They have all ready kept one.) and 3 of the Republican ones. Polls show that Dems should win their 2 remaining districts. 1 Republican district is safe, 1 Republican will probably lose and a Democrat has a lead in another Republican district. The rest show Republicans leading their districts but the polling in those districts is within the margin of error.

Will the Dems turn out more voters? Can they pick up the 3 additional seats needed to take the State Senate and if they do, what does this mean for Scott Walker?

If the polling data is correct and turn out is normal, then Dems should only pick up 1 or 2 seats. Not enough to make a change. What does this say about the Wisconsins anti-union law and the chances of recalling Scott Walker. Polls show a race between he and Russ Feingold to be dead even.

I will say this. If Dems win those additional 3 seats today and Ohio SB#5 loses in November, then Obama's re-elections chances just got a lot better. The former is a pretty big if, the later is a near certainty. We will see.

Your predictions have sucked about Cheeseland and Polkaland in the past year. I think I'll wait for actual results.

Actual results are in on the first recall. The Teabagger lost.

Your predictions have sucked about Cheeseland and Polkaland in the past year. I think I'll wait for actual results.
Ehhh your just miffed cause I wouldn't let you have the beer barrel! ;p

Besides, I haven't made any predictions.

Early reports are polling stations are seeing heavy turn outs much like a Presidential electon cycle. Conventional wisdom is that a heavy turn out favors Democrats in these recall elections.

Last edited:
How many bus loads of voters showed up from Chicago? I'm just asking.

It happened here where I live in 2007. They went from town to town with phone books in hand and used the motor voter law. The results were not only did Obama win the dems won over the state in a landslide. Only to be corrected in 2010. Thank God.

And I know it happened the same way in Columbus OH.

How many bus loads of voters showed up from Chicago? I'm just asking.

It happened here where I live in 2007. They went from town to town with phone books in hand and used the motor voter law. The results were not only did Obama win the dems won over the state in a landslide. Only to be corrected in 2010. Thank God.

And I know it happened the same way in Columbus OH.
You're an idiot. I live in the Columbus area, no such thing happened. You're delusional.

How many bus loads of voters showed up from Chicago? I'm just asking. It happened here where I live in 2007. They went from town to town with phone books in hand and used the motor voter law. The results were not only did Obama win the dems won over the state in a landslide. . .

And your proof?

I'm just asking.

That was in a district in which the incumbant was a Democrat and was favored to win anyways. Though he was not expected to win by a margin of 65% to 35%.

I wonder if all the Teabaggers in Wisconsin are this....entertaining:

"I read a social services report yesterday that says I smoke crack," said VanderLeest, during an interview on Wisconsin Public Radio. "None of it's true. I don't smoke rocks, and that's the truth."

To be clear, VanderLeest was not the GOP's preferred candidate. Instead, Republicans became stuck with VanderLeest after their originally recruited candidate, state Rep. John Nygren, failed to submit the required 400 valid petition signatures.

Later in the interview, VanderLeest alleged that he had been mistreated by the police, due to he and his family having opposed police salary increases in local referenda.

"As far as my past, you know what, I lived it. I've been there. I know which -- these accusations that were made, I know they're not true," he said. "You know, like I said, yesterday I got a report from social services that says I smoke crack. I mean, that's just not the case, it's not true.

"You know, as far as my past goes, you know, I had a bad marriage, and my family voted against police raises above the standard of living for 30 years in Green Bay. You know, cuffs were put on me. When I asked if I could make a statement, I was always told, 'You give your statement to the judge, we don't care what you have to say.' You know, that's not how the system should work, and you weren't there, and you didn't live it.

"You know, I sleep well at night, and that's the reality of the situation."

David-VanderLeest-Recall-Hansen-Sign-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

State Senate candidate David VanderLeest (R-WI)

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/07/wis-gop-recall-candidate-i-dont-smoke-rocks-and-thats-the-truth.php

Nothing yet. They probably won't post any exit polls till after the polls close at 9pm EST. By 10 to 11pm we should have a good idea on the results.

STEALING AN ELECTION

I haven't heard anything on the Wisconsin recall results but getting back to the ACORN Fraud this is what I was able to pull up on what was going on. This just didn't happen in one state but in several battleground states.

First we came across these two imposters who would vote for anyone willing to give them a few pieces of clothing.

noclothes.jpg

Now to some news, this is not the clip I wanted to show but you can get the jist of it. The info is stored/bookmarked on my old laptop that I have retired and now cannot find the power cord.

Back