Jay Rockefeller Is Retiring, He Can Now Speak The Truth About Who Benefits

Dantès

From Government and What Those Benefits Are

Sen Jay Rockefeller Slams Capitalism, Tells Stunning Truth
by FishOutofWater

“Industry does everything they can and gets away with it almost all the time, whether it’s the coal industry, ... or water or whatever. They will cut corners, and they will get away with it.”- Sen. Jay Rockefeller.

Senator Rockefeller was talking about West Virginia water pollution, but he could have been talking about Wall Street crashing the economy or Dick Cheney and Halliburton leading America into the Iraq war. And what he said is exactly why American corporations will lead us into catastrophic climate change. It's their nature.

“I came from outside of Appalachia, so sometimes I see Appalachia in ways that are different than others,” the West Virginia Democrat said, adding that the myth is “the idea that somehow God has it in his plan to make sure that industry is going to make life safe for them.”

“Not true,” Rockefeller said. “Industry does everything they can and gets away with it almost all the time, whether it’s the coal industry, not the subject of this hearing, or water or whatever. They will cut corners, and they will get away with it.”

He also talked about “Scotch-Irish culture … I’m sorry, fatalism.”

“The world is as it is — we accept the world as it is,” Rockefeller said. “And the point is you don’t accept the world as it is, but as it should be, and you make it in that posture. I’m just — I’m here angry, upset, shocked, embarrassed that this would happen to 300,000 absolutely wonderful people, who, you know, work in coal mines and that stuff, but they’re depending on the fruit of the land, wherever it may be, for survival. They’re making it, but barely.”

This from:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/west-virginia-chemical-spill-hearing-103105.html#ixzz2saKxD7IU

For the complete story go to:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/west-virginia-chemical-spill-hearing-103105.html#ixzz2saKxD7IU

I ban no one, I can stand and face the music with anyone here!

Coming from a guy whose fortune was made on big bad oil. Funny huh?

I don't see him renouncing the millions or the name that got him to where he is.

Do you?

He is meaningless

I dont get it; why does he have to wait to retire to tell the truth? Has he been lying all this time?

Dumb article, dumb premise and dumbass Senator.

I guess if we shut down all industry and all became dependent wards of the State and call each other Comrade, we'd all be safer right?

Stupid.

This blowhard is a reforming alcoholic, was caught drunk as shit driving.
Now he's raging against pot.
If y'all think he would have been elected without the Kennedy name, I have dome swampland to sell you.

Back