Jeb Bush indorses McCain

After President Bush lent his support to McCain, did you think the rest of the family would do anything different?

He called him an acceptable conservative when Limbaugh began questioning McCain's conservatism. Right afterward McCain got a poll bump.

The most telling thing is that Bush seemed to be spurning Romney, who was trying to run right of McCain, by saying that McCain was conservative enough for him.

He called him an acceptable conservative when Limbaugh began questioning McCain's conservatism. Right afterward McCain got a poll bump.

The most telling thing is that Bush seemed to be spurning Romney, who was trying to run right of McCain, by saying that McCain was conservative enough for him.

I thought when Bush made those comments it was a time when it was pretty clear McCain was going to be the nominee.

So in your mind McCain is the Bush choice?

My mind, and clearly the mind of a large number of people who saw that as Bush's approval of Mccain.

I would never support McCain anyway, but certainly not after he gets a quiet nod of approval from Bush, if that's what you're getting at.

I thought when Bush made those comments it was a time when it was pretty clear McCain was going to be the nominee.

We should pull the dates to be certain, but Romney hadn't yet dropped out and was still viable. And the attacks on McCain's conservatism were just beginning to grow when Bush stepped in, if I recall correctly.

Funny the conservitives on another site are saying these endorsements dont mean that McCain is the guy most likely to continue the in Bush's footsteps.

Funny the conservitives on another site are saying these endorsements dont mean that McCain is the guy most likely to continue the in Bush's footsteps.

"Stupid" might be a better word choice than funny.

Anyone who would support a candidate because he/she thinks that the candidate will continue the "Bush legacy" is clearly a fucking moron anyway.

I saw Bush make his "endorsement" this past weekend in an interview with Fox News. At that point McCain was clearly in the lead. I think he would have "endorsed" whoever won the Republican nominee regardless of whether he felt they would have been just like him or not.

How many issues have they clashed on??? To say McCain is a 3rd Bush term would be 'stupid' like saying Barrack is a third Clinton term by saying he'll support universal health care without paying for it. You have two Republicans they'll agree on certain things, but it's medicine time if you think McCain is going to run to Bush for all the answers when he is President. And of course the current Republican President will endorse the future nominee.

Anyone think Bill Clinton will endorse Obama if he gets the nod...

Last edited:
He wont run to Bush because Bush is told what to think himself. McCain will run to the neocon cabal to get his marrching orders.

He wont run to Bush because Bush is told what to think himself. McCain will run to the neocon cabal to get his marrching orders.
LOL.

Yeah, just like Obama will run to the D Elite for all his answers, you can tell because he agrees with Clinton that we should hide the huge cost of healthcare by having the government overpay instead of people....

Back