Jobless Claims Hit 2-Year High

uscitizen

Villified User
Jobless Claims Hit 2-Year High

Apr 3, 8:53 AM (ET)

By JEANNINE AVERSA

WASHINGTON (AP) - The number of new people signing up for unemployment benefits last week shot up to the highest level in more than two years, fresh evidence of the damage to a national economy clobbered by housing, credit and financial crises.

The Labor Department reported Thursday that new applications filed for unemployment insurance jumped by a seasonally adjusted 38,000 to 407,000 for the week ending March 29. The increase left claims at their highest point since Sept. 17, 2005, following the blows of the devastating Gulf Coast hurricanes.

"This report supports the view that the jobs market is deteriorating toward recessionary conditions," said T.J. Marta, a fixed-income strategist at RBC Capital Markets.

The latest snapshot of labor activity was worse than economists had anticipated. They had predicted claims would be much lower, around 365,000.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080403/D8VQD85G0.html

Hopefully Bush will institute a 'tax me more' fund for those who feel guilty about keeping more of their own money and want to improve the economy at the same time. It's a real simple concept and I'm sure millions and millions of dollars would start flowing back into the government coffers.

We need the same plan to pay for the War Cawacko.

I am sure the war supporters will donate big time.

We need the same plan to pay for the War Cawacko.

I am sure the war supporters will donate big time.

Government is all encompassing. You cannot choose where you want your money to go.

If keeping more of your money is creating a burden for you we are offering an easy way to free your mind.

Hopefully Bush will institute a 'tax me more' fund for those who feel guilty about keeping more of their own money and want to improve the economy at the same time. It's a real simple concept and I'm sure millions and millions of dollars would start flowing back into the government coffers.
I wish there was a "rolling on the floor laffing and pissing a puddle" smiley. Cause this made me do almost that. When that fund is started please tell me where not to go to sign up. I don't want to get caught in the traffic jam from all the people going to sign up.

Government is all encompassing. You cannot choose where you want your money to go.

If keeping more of your money is creating a burden for you we are offering an easy way to free your mind.

WOw. USC punked you hard and you don't even realize it.

I wish there was a "rolling on the floor laffing and pissing a puddle" smiley. Cause this made me do almost that. When that fund is started please tell me where not to go to sign up. I don't want to get caught in the traffic jam from all the people going to sign up.

HaHa, you can imagine the bumrush when that office opens.

Your trophy is in the mail Sir. I will gladly continue to state that the government takes too much of our money and then does a piss poor job of spending it.

I think you would find the vastr majority of dems agree with that statement.

It too much spent on the military industrail complex and not enough making the US a better country to live in.

Yep, the black ops budget has doubled since Bush took over. Then a half trillion so far on the war.
Ohh but it is so much better spent than spending on meidcare and giving medical care to our elderly isn't it ?

I think you would find the vastr majority of dems agree with that statement.

It too much spent on the military industrail complex and not enough making the US a better country to live in.
This is crap! The system is rotten from stem to stern. More money is spent in administrating the programs than actually go to the programs. Governments are inefficient as hell, and when they aren't it will be time for revolution, and people in government jobs are the single largest benefactors in the system. Any business that ran the way the government did would have gone out of business years ago.

Back