Joe Biden's Gaffe-Filled Interview Raises Eyebrows

ExpressLane

Verified User

President Joe Biden has raised concerns about his age after appearing to make confused statements during an interview with Time magazine, which one conservative-leaning publication said was "full of slip-ups and gaffes."

During the interview, Biden appeared to confuse Russian President Vladimir Putin with Chinese President Xi Jinping. He said Africa's population would hit 1 billion "in the next several years," though it is already more than 1.4 billion. And in three instances, he made remarks that Time described as "unintelligible" in the interview transcript.

The apparent gaffes come amid evidence of ongoing public concern about the 81-year-old's age and his fitness to serve in the White House for another four years. A recent Siena College poll for The New York Times found that 61 percent of those who voted for Biden in 2020 now believed he was "just too old" to be an effective leader, with 73 percent of voters at large holding this view.

In an article about the Time interview, Reagan Reese, a White House correspondent for the Daily Caller, wrote that it was "full of slip-ups and gaffes, feeding into concerns about the 81-year-old's fitness for office ahead of the 2024 election."

Biden was interviewed by Time's editor-in-chief Sam Jacobs and Washington bureau head Massimo Calabresi in a wide-ranging interview that covered the ongoing wars in Ukraine and Gaza, the electoral threat from presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, and his record since assuming office in January 2021.

Newsweek has contacted the White House press office and representatives of President Joe Biden's 2024 campaign for comment outside regular office hours.

In a transcript released by the outlet on June 4, Biden seemed to confuse Putin and Xi when discussing a recently announced wave of tariffs on China, including a 100 percent tax on imported electric vehicles.

He continued: "What I'm talking about, I said, we're gonna play by the same rules. You tell me if I want to, if an American corporation wants to invest in China, it has to give 50 percent ownership, 51 percent ownership to a Chinese operator. And that goes on from there. And I said, so you're gonna do that to us?"

In an editor's note included in the transcript, Time wrote, "Biden appeared to mean Xi here, not Putin."

When asked about his foreign policy priorities, Biden said he was "desperately focused on making sure that we deal with the ... what they are calling the south now."

He added: "There are going to be a billion people in Africa in the next several years. We have to, we have to be a catalyst for change for the benefit, for the, for the better, we have to help them build back better, we have to help them."

According to a report published by the International Monetary Fund, the population of Africa exceeded 1.4 billion in 2023, and the United Nations estimates that it will approach 2.5 billion by 2050.....

==================================

The WSJ , Time magazine and Newsweek all have articles about how bad Dementia Joe is getting. It is time to take the keys away from Joe.

iu

President Joe Biden has raised concerns about his age after appearing to make confused statements during an interview with Time magazine, which one conservative-leaning publication said was "full of slip-ups and gaffes."

During the interview, Biden appeared to confuse Russian President Vladimir Putin with Chinese President Xi Jinping. He said Africa's population would hit 1 billion "in the next several years," though it is already more than 1.4 billion. And in three instances, he made remarks that Time described as "unintelligible" in the interview transcript.

The apparent gaffes come amid evidence of ongoing public concern about the 81-year-old's age and his fitness to serve in the White House for another four years. A recent Siena College poll for The New York Times found that 61 percent of those who voted for Biden in 2020 now believed he was "just too old" to be an effective leader, with 73 percent of voters at large holding this view.

In an article about the Time interview, Reagan Reese, a White House correspondent for the Daily Caller, wrote that it was "full of slip-ups and gaffes, feeding into concerns about the 81-year-old's fitness for office ahead of the 2024 election."

Biden was interviewed by Time's editor-in-chief Sam Jacobs and Washington bureau head Massimo Calabresi in a wide-ranging interview that covered the ongoing wars in Ukraine and Gaza, the electoral threat from presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, and his record since assuming office in January 2021.

Newsweek has contacted the White House press office and representatives of President Joe Biden's 2024 campaign for comment outside regular office hours.

In a transcript released by the outlet on June 4, Biden seemed to confuse Putin and Xi when discussing a recently announced wave of tariffs on China, including a 100 percent tax on imported electric vehicles.

He continued: "What I'm talking about, I said, we're gonna play by the same rules. You tell me if I want to, if an American corporation wants to invest in China, it has to give 50 percent ownership, 51 percent ownership to a Chinese operator. And that goes on from there. And I said, so you're gonna do that to us?"

In an editor's note included in the transcript, Time wrote, "Biden appeared to mean Xi here, not Putin."

When asked about his foreign policy priorities, Biden said he was "desperately focused on making sure that we deal with the ... what they are calling the south now."

He added: "There are going to be a billion people in Africa in the next several years. We have to, we have to be a catalyst for change for the benefit, for the, for the better, we have to help them build back better, we have to help them."

According to a report published by the International Monetary Fund, the population of Africa exceeded 1.4 billion in 2023, and the United Nations estimates that it will approach 2.5 billion by 2050.....

==================================

The WSJ , Time magazine and Newsweek all have articles about how bad Dementia Joe is getting. It is time to take the keys away from Joe.
Imagine if this was trump? Bragg would seek a convicted for felonious dementia.

Back