John McCain From Hero To Zero

signalmankenneth

Verified User
01224084725968979825.jpg

Yes...McCain rode his admiral grandfather's coattails. He was an incompetent drunk, whose only accomplishment was crashing a plane (again), and becoming a POW as a result.

Hero? I think not.

Makes perfect sense. Instead of seeking the truth, just demonize the person for even suggesting there is a problem. The left is very sick.

This from the people who were upset at the people who pointed out stuff about John Kerry... you know, those same people who call him a war hero (he is)?

John Kerry and John McCain are both war heroes, and now both have had some political ideologues try to discredit them.

Of course it has nothing to do with McCain.
This thread is about Christmas tree decorating.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

This from the people who were upset at the people who pointed out stuff about John Kerry... you know, those same people who call him a war hero (he is)?

John Kerry and John McCain are both war heroes, and now both have had some political ideologues try to discredit them.
I suggest you read up on McCain's service. He was an incompetent drunk, who never bothered to complete proper training. When your grandfather is an admiral, you get away with things that commoners don't. Bush on steroids, as it were.

Kerry was a war hero. He served honorably, and had the decency to speak out against the atrocities he saw in Nam.

The drunken idiot McCain, saw nothing but the inside of a cage.

I suggest you read up on McCain's service. He was an incompetent drunk, who never bothered to complete proper training. When your grandfather is an admiral, you get away with things that commoners don't. Bush on steroids, as it were.

Kerry was a war hero. He served honorably, and had the decency to speak out against the atrocities he saw in Nam.

The drunken idiot McCain, saw nothing but the inside of a cage.

What did Kerry do that makes him a "war hero"? Dumb ass.

Makes perfect sense. Instead of seeking the truth, just demonize the person for even suggesting there is a problem. The left is very sick.
Clint...I never got the chance to thank you for handing Obama a second term. Hollywood has always been good for the Left.

Speaking of truth, "Alligator Arms' McCain rode his daddy's, and grandaddy's coattails throughout his service. EVERYONE you speak to describes McCain as an insubordinate, incompetent drunk. From his days at the Naval Academy, throughout his failed career as a pilot.

His imcompetence cost the taxpayer 3 aircraft before the fateful day when he finally crashed his last one. Nobody in the Navy can understand how a pilot with a record of 3 wrecks, was still allowed on combat missions.

He gave up classified information to the enemy, under the stress of torture.

So tell me why you give him hero status?

I'd give him about as much credit for accomplishment, as that chair you carry around with you.

You don't think he shit himself?

Fact Check disagrees with you fundamentally about the Forrestal and the five plane incidents, the first was pilot error and the last was clowning as admitted by McCain himself although the plane came back safely.

A special note is in order here. We have seen some baseless claims that McCain was somehow responsible for the Forrestal disaster. One incorrect but widely quoted theory has him triggering the Zuni missile with the exhaust of his own plane by "wet-starting" – deliberately dumping fuel into the afterburner before starting in order to shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. This is a preposterous notion. For one thing, A-4 jets flew at subsonic speeds and were not equipped with afterburners. According to the Military Analysis Network site maintained by the Federation of American Scientists, the A-4 was powered by a "Single, Pratt & Whitney, J-52-P-408A non-afterburning, turbojet engine." The manufacturer's description of the aircraft also describes the powerplant as "One 11,187-pound-thrust P&W J52-P408 engine," with no mention of an afterburner.

And while pilots tell us that a “wet start” is possible even without an afterburner, the theory fails for another reason. The tail of McCain's plane was pointed over the side of the carrier and away from other planes at the time, and the F4 Phantom fighter that fired the missile was facing McCain's plane from the opposite side of the deck, as shown in Caiella’s diagram, in other diagrams, and in Navy film of the fire.

This bogus theory appears to have gotten its start from a report by New York Times reporter R. W. Apple. Jr, who reported on July 31, 1967 – two days after the fire – that the Forrestal’s captain, John K. Beling, believed an “extreme wet start” had created “a thick tongue of flame” that set off the Zuni. Beling did not identify McCain’s plane as the source, however, and said only that the aircraft was “parked near the carrier’s island,” which would have put it far forward and on the opposite side of the flight deck from where McCain’s plane was getting ready to launch. Not usually noted by the conspiracy theorists is that Capt. Beling “repeatedly said that he had been unable fully to sort out the conflicting reports” that circulated on the 5,000-man vessel in the hours after the fire, according to Apple, who also called the wet-start theory “tentative.” In any case, Beling’s early theory was soon dismissed by Navy investigators, who found that the Zuni had been touched off by a stray electrical charge, not by a jet exhaust. Author Freeman summarizes the findings succinctly in in "Sailors to the End:"

http://factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

Last edited:
Fact Check disagrees with you fundamentally about the Forrestal and the five plane incidents, the first was pilot error and the last was clowning as admitted by McCain himself although the plane came back safely.

http://factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/
I never made any claims about Forrestal on the flight deck. He never should have been on the run when he was taken prisoner, after crashing 3 previous planes.

I never made any claims about Forrestal on the flight deck. He never should have been on the run when he was taken prisoner, after crashing 3 previous planes.

The OP was about the Forrestal and Fact Check also says that you were wrong about the plane crashes apart from the first which was put down to pilot error. There is no doubt that McCain was a hot dogger, a copious consumer of booze and a womaniser but then so were most of those guys. I suggest that you see the film The Right Stuff to learn about the culture in those days. I didn't support McCain in 2008 but I also like to defend the truth and most of what you are saying is bullshit gleaned from blogs and far left attack sites.

The OP was about the Forrestal and Fact Check also says that you were wrong about the plane crashes apart from the first which was put down to pilot error. There is no doubt that McCain was a hot dogger, a copious consumer of booze and a womaniser but then so were most of those guys. I suggest that you see the film The Right Stuff to learn about the culture in those days. I didn't support McCain in 2008 but I also like to defend the truth and most of what you are saying is bullshit gleaned from blogs and far left attack sites.
I've been studying the incompetent McCain for years.

Your post refutes claims that I never made. If you can show my post that claims 5 crashes, your response might have some credence.

Your factcheck cites many awards for McCain. I'm sure his lineage had nothing to do with the dismissal of his prior incompetence.

Factcheck this: Any pilot with a many blemishes on is record, would NOT be an active duty pilot anymore.

Back