John Mccain - The Audacity of Hopelessness

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
I’d been wondering how John McCain was going to inspire his followers with a rousing message of powerless victimhood, and yesterday I saw him do it: Dismissing Obama’s promises of hope as “only rhetoric” and “platitudes," McCain insisted that the events of 9/11 defined the scope of American hopes and freedom forever. This country can no longer afford hope! We’ve been hurt too badly! It’s all just fear and worry from here on out! Our enemies feed on our hope! The decision to see yourself as the sum of the worst things that have ever been done to you by your enemies used to be the sole province of liberals. I say that if McCain wants to reimagine the GOP as the pity party for the new millennium, he’s welcome to it.

http://slate.com/blogs/blogs/xxfactor/archive/2008/02/13/the-audacity-of-hopelessness.aspx

If Mccain thinks he can win with the message of doom .. good luck with that bullshit

I do too and I hope he stays on point.
Maybe we don't get our first female pres, I'm banking our first Black Pres will bring more change.
for two reasons, racism is vastly underestimated as a proble and he doesn't have a lot of Washington baggage to check in.

I do too and I hope he stays on point.
Maybe we don't get our first female pres, I'm banking our first Black Pres will bring more change.
for two reasons, racism is vastly underestimated as a proble and he doesn't have a lot of Washington baggage to check in.

No argument here.

America needs a face-lift .. and Obama should be the new face we present to the world.

What's funny is they still try to appeal to nationalism while at the same time telling us that the concept of nationhood is harmful to the gdp.

Their version of nationalism is one that benefits corporations and the military industrial complex only. Nationalism that helps NOT ELITES is called POPULISM and treated with contempt. They're trying to straddle a fence which is why they will be picking barbed wire out of their nuts for a long while.

America could do a lot worse than having a well respected veteran represent her.

Agreed .. we could have a chicken-hawk war-avoider failed businessman and president named George Bush. However, McCain is only a slight improvement .. like removing the wart off a troll.

America needs a complete face-lift, not minor plastic surgery.

He's a lying sack of shit who believes in amnesty. We will never accept him. We'd rather vote for Obama.

You don't have to vote for him but if immigration is your issue Obama wants to not only let them in he wants to give them drivers licensces. I can't imagine you view that as better?

He's a lying sack of shit who believes in amnesty. We will never accept him. We'd rather vote for Obama.
Who not only believes in Amnesty but thinks even that is unnecessary for such things as Driver's licences? Methinks you cut off your nose to spite your face. What is McCain's current stance on the border?

Or do you pretend that any change in policy is somehow a "flip-flop".

Who not only believes in Amnesty but thinks even that is unnecessary for such things as Driver's licences? Methinks you cut off your nose to spite your face. What is McCain's current stance on the border?

Who's honest about what they want?

It's not a flip flop, he's just a liar.

I can't wait for the Obama/McCain debates to begin.

It will be such a wonderful joy to behold.

I can't wait for the Obama/McCain debates to begin.

It will be such a wonderful joy to behold.
Again, don't assume victory. Keep driving hard until he gets the nomination. It may appear certain, but it isn't.

I too look forward to the General campaigns.

Who's honest about what they want?

It's not a flip flop, he's just a liar.
Honesty is saying, "Hey, I realize that what I wanted is out of line..."

Honestly selling out the nation is better than realizing a mistake? I think you are again cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Honesty is saying, "Hey, I realize that what I wanted is out of line..."

Honestly selling out the nation is better than realizing a mistake? I think you are again cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The problems is that he wanted it in the first place and insulted those who didn't go along. Frack him.

Doesn't he have a core self? yes, he does. He's an internationalist. He just keeps throwing up that stupid "fence first" line as if it's the alpha and omega of the whole immigration issue. It pains him to not insult his base openly. He's a sad excuse for a human being, actually.

The problems is that he wanted it in the first place and insulted those who didn't go along. Frack him.

Doesn't he have a core self? yes, he does. He's an internationalist. He just keeps throwing up that stupid "fence first" line as if it's the alpha and omega of the whole immigration issue. It pains him to not insult his base openly. He's a sad excuse for a human being, actually.

You have every right to hate McCain. It is your choice. But how do you call out McCain on immigration and not call out Obama who wanted to go further and give illegals drivers licenses?

so it's not the issue you are concerned about but the poiltics of it? that's cool.

Since they're both actually of one mind, yes, it's the politics of it. Now if Obama actually expresses a desire to help workers over corporations and will work to keep the teeming masses out then I'll have a reason besides spite.

Back