Jon Stewart grills Algorezeera

tinfoil

Banned
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stew...nt-tv-to-network-backed-by-fossil-fuel-money/

From the comments section:
BrokenTusk • 19 hours ago

From Little Green Footballs (a fairly Lefty site now)
Al Jazeera did this in 2008.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/30731_Video-_Al_Jazeera_Throws_Party_for_Child_Killer
A question on this party should be the auto-followup for any interviewer when ManBearPig falls back to his "Al Jazeera is a respectable news organization" answer. Especially after Newtown CT.

So Al thinks Al Jezeera is a fine news outlet?

why is it the right knows nothing about how well Al Jezera has preformed in the past?

they think Arabs should not be allowed to have news stations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Jazeera#Awards_and_accolades

Awards and accolades
1999 Prince Claus Award for "Creating Spaces of Freedom", in Amsterdam
In December 1999, Ibn Rushd (Averoes) Fund for Freedom of Thought in Berlin awarded the "Ibn Rushd Award" for media and journalism for the year to Al Jazeera.[133]
In March 2003, Al Jazeera was awarded by Index on Censorship for its "courage in circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world."[134]
In April 2004, the Webby Awards nominated Al Jazeera as one of the five best news Web sites, along with BBC News, National Geographic, RocketNews and The Smoking Gun. According to Tifanny Schlain, the founder of the Webby Awards, this caused a controversy as [other media organisations] "felt it was a risk-taking site".[135]
In 2004, Al Jazeera was voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind Apple Computer, Google, Ikea and Starbucks.[136]
During the 2011 Egyptian protests, the online magazine Salon.com wrote that "Al Jazeera's Egypt coverage embarrasses U.S. cable news channels.",[137] and WikiLeaks commented on their Twitter feed that "Yes, we may have helped Tunisia, Egypt. But let us not forget the elephant in the room: Al Jazeera + sat dishes

You are aware that they sanitize their programming in the Western world, right Desh? The stuff they pump out in the Muslim world is garbage and propaganda.

why is it the right knows nothing about how well Al Jezera has preformed in the past?

they think Arabs should not be allowed to have news stations

I'm intrigued how disagreement with Gore selling his company to an overseas investor equates to thinking Arabs should not be allowed to have new stations? What is the thought process that brings one (you) to that conclusion?

You are aware that they sanitize their programming in the Western world, right Desh? The stuff they pump out in the Muslim world is garbage and propaganda.

Do you have proof of this, I am very interested if this is indeed the case. Thanks

Al Jazeera being a terrorist supporting rag notwithstanding, it is amazing watching the lefties here ignore the fact that Big Al made a fortune off of oil.

He has ZERO credibility talking about the evils of fossil fuels when those same fossil fuels just gave him $100 million

Al Jazeera being a terrorist supporting rag notwithstanding, it is amazing watching the lefties here ignore the fact that Big Al made a fortune off of oil.

He has ZERO credibility talking about the evils of fossil fuels when those same fossil fuels just gave him $100 million

He clearly stated that the origination's resources and devotion to climate change related news were the basis for his decision. Why sully a cause over something so petty? You know the states, and most developed nations are fossil fuel based economies?

He clearly stated that the origination's resources and devotion to climate change related news were the basis for his decision. Why sully a cause over something so petty? You know the states, and most developed nations are fossil fuel based economies?

Why live up to your ideals? Does your back hurt bending over backward so far for him?

I suppose you have no problem doing the same for corporate America? Al Gore did something that dwarfs and opposition you may have to him. That much is true.

Your post makes no sense. Want to try again in English? Hell even libtard dick suckers like Stuart, Letterman and Lauer see Albore for the hypocrite he is. Why cant you?

BTW I don't defend corporate America I defend the free market. And before you jump on that, I don't give a shit how much money Algoreza makes. I am just calling him out for his blatant hypocrisy.

Your post makes no sense. Want to try again in English? Hell even libtard dick suckers like Stuart, Letterman and Lauer see Albore for the hypocrite he is. Why cant you?

BTW I don't defend corporate America I defend the free market. And before you jump on that, I don't give a shit how much money Algoreza makes. I am just calling him out for his blatant hypocrisy.

How is a hypocrite? Because he sold his network to country that uses fossil fuels?

I have some news for you. It isn't exactly uncommon for a developed nation to be dependent upon on FFs. Should that be allowed inhibit the success of the cause?

And what he's done, the cause, dwarfs your petty opposition to the former vice president.

I hate repeating myself. :shots: :bleh:

How is a hypocrite? Because he sold his network to country that uses fossil fuels?

I have some news for you. It isn't exactly uncommon for a developed nation to be dependent upon on FFs. Should that be allowed inhibit the success of the cause?

And what he's done, the cause, dwarfs your petty opposition to the former vice president.

I hate repeating myself. :shots: :bleh:

I could bury this site in quotes from your global warming hero on the evils of fossil fuels, but, I guess he doesn't think they are so evil when they line his pockets

Hell, Al is more of an oil guy than Dick Cheney and Bush combined.

You guys have to find a new global warming hero. Your guy has set your movement backwards

Back