July 11th Sentencing Question

NakedHunterBiden

Judge clarifies: Yes, Trump raped E. Jean Carroll
Someone more familiar with the court system and verdicts can you please help me out here? I was under the impression that sentencing usually happens right after a verdict is given. Why a month out?

Most people guilty of those crimes face up to 4 years in jail and fines. When you go for sentencing, you have to show you understand you did wrong and will stop that behavior. Trump may not be capable of that. As a first offender Trump would be eligible for a minimum sentence and likely probation. He kept defiantly disobeying the rules of the court and got fined for it 10 times. If he shows up with that same attitude, he better bring his toothbrush.

A judge will sometimes delay a sentence, where a judge waits to decide on a punishment for a criminal. During this time, the criminal may have to follow certain rules or restrictions. If they follow these rules, they may not have to go to jail.

Also, there can be conflicts with the court calendar, or the Judge's calendar!

But, in this case, it may be a little of both!

The Judge has already told Donnie that he does not want to send him to jail, but he will if Donnie forces his hand.
Hint hint DONNIE!

Someone more familiar with the court system and verdicts can you please help me out here? I was under the impression that sentencing usually happens right after a verdict is given. Why a month out?
It's not uncommon with white collar crime,
and not particularly rare with criminal convictions in general.

Only poor people and certain minorities face immediate sentencing.
People of means are given a chance to flee the country with fake passports.

People are not equal. Status has its privileges.
Otherwise, what's the point of making something of yourself?

Plus Trump won't go to prison for a crime like this.
We really need convictions in the insurrection-related trials.

Most people guilty of those crimes face up to 4 years in jail and fines. When you go for sentencing, you have to show you understand you did wrong and will stop that behavior. Trump may not be capable of that. As a first offender Trump would be eligible for a minimum sentence and likely probation. He kept defiantly disobeying the rules of the court and got fined for it 10 times. If he shows up with that same attitude, he better bring his toothbrush.
What crime? Even the judge and jury don't seem to know........

Trump may be assigned a parole officer to see what his mindset is. They have to determine if he understands the possible sentences and has a firm purpose of amendment. They make recommendations based on whether he understands his crimes and can be rehabilitated. Trump gets so much special treatment that he may not have a parole officer.

A judge will sometimes delay a sentence, where a judge waits to decide on a punishment for a criminal. During this time, the criminal may have to follow certain rules or restrictions. If they follow these rules, they may not have to go to jail.

Also, there can be conflicts with the court calendar, or the Judge's calendar!

But, in this case, it may be a little of both!
In this case, it's just about getting the sentencing to happen just before the Republican National Convention.
The Judge has already told Donnie that he does not want to send him to jail, but he will if Donnie forces his hand.
Hint hint DONNIE!
:rofl2: You seriously believe that Merchan doesn't want to send Trump to jail?! :rofl2:
TOO FUNNY! :rofl2:

Because in felony cases there are sentencing guidelines to follow (whether they will be or not in this case is to be seen) and those are based on a pre-sentencing investigation (PSI). The PSI gathers information about the convicted, like priors, work history, family, financial situation, etc. These are then used, in part, to determine sentencing based on the guidelines.

All of that takes time so the sentencing hearing is set such that there is time to do the PSI.

Because in felony cases there are sentencing guidelines to follow (whether they will be or not in this case is to be seen) and those are based on a pre-sentencing investigation (PSI). The PSI gathers information about the convicted, like priors, work history, family, financial situation, etc. These are then used, in part, to determine sentencing based on the guidelines.

All of that takes time so the sentencing hearing is set such that there is time to do the PSI.
The probation department and Trump's assigned officer will be doing that. They interview the guilty crook and after that, make recommendations. They determine whether the felon recognizes his guilt and will be trusted not to commit another crime. The judge already has sentencing histories for others who committed that felony and justice guidelines to work from.

The probation department and Trump's assigned officer will be doing that. They interview the guilty crook and after that, make recommendations. They determine whether the felon recognizes his guilt and will be trusted not to commit another crime. The judge already has sentencing histories for others who committed that felony and justice guidelines to work from.
Yes.

Given the judge was making shit up as he went, I have serious doubts whether he'll bother to follow NY sentencing guidelines or not.

Given the judge was making shit up as he went, I have serious doubts whether he'll bother to follow NY sentencing guidelines or not.
Based on what? Every legal expert I saw has said Merchan was being extremely careful to follow all the rules so Daffy Donald would not have a basis for reversal. You are working without knowledge. You believe what right-wing crap leads you to. Now you think we should discuss your predictions. Why? You are a far-right Trumpy with a horrible slant. You have zero credibility. Oh, you have doubts. Of course, you do. You believe lies. That is what the right traffics in, lies.

Based on what? Every legal expert I saw has said Merchan was being extremely careful to follow all the rules so Daffy Donald would not have a basis for reversal. You are working without knowledge. You believe what right-wing crap leads you to. Now you think we should discuss your predictions. Why? You are a far-right Trumpy with a horrible slant. You have zero credibility. Oh, you have doubts. Of course, you do. You believe lies. That is what the right traffics in, lies.
That's what you get for watching nothing but MSNBC...

Back