Just curious

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
I started a debate thread between me and Steelplate on APP. I am assuming that only he and I can participate. However, when I clicked submit, Topspin, The Dude and 007 came up thread banned even though I did not specifically thread ban them.

Can a mod explain? Do I have to specifically thread ban people from a debate thread? Why did it autopopulate those three? I know The Dude and Topspin are the same person.

Honestly I think it's a glitch. They were originally banned from APP but now every thread that is made lists them as banned from a specific thread.

Which doesn't make sense because not everyone has APP access and they don't show up as banned from a thread. Maybe when you get banned from the site and you have APP access it auto bans you from the forum as well.. i dunno.

In any case, the short answer is no, you don't have to ban anyone if you use the invite feature.

Honestly I think it's a glitch. They were originally banned from APP but now every thread that is made lists them as banned from a specific thread.

Which doesn't make sense because not everyone has APP access and they don't show up as banned from a thread. Maybe when you get banned from the site and you have APP access it auto bans you from the forum as well.. i dunno.

In any case, the short answer is no, you don't have to ban anyone if you use the invite feature.

OK thanks. I thought it was odd. Funny thing is that other banned folks didn't come up. Is it a perma ban thing? Poet didn't come up etc.

I think it's more how I banned them from APP, I just used the option like it was a thread. That's why they show up and not everyone else.

I think it's more how I banned them from APP, I just used the option like it was a thread. That's why they show up and not everyone else.

when we ban people from APP we just moved them into the "Verified members" group instead of accepted users. There are lots of people in the verified members group that aren't listed. Unless you did something I am unaware of.?

when we ban people from APP we just moved them into the "Verified members" group instead of accepted users. There are lots of people in the verified members group that aren't listed. Unless you did something I am unaware of.?

I did not know that's how we banned from APP. I used the "Ban from forum" action.

Back