just experienced a 4.6 earthquake

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
yep, shift happens in california...

The Santa Barbara area registered a 4.6 magnitude earthquake this morning at 7:38 a.m. about 5 miles west of Isla Vista, according to the Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Services.
No damages or injuries have been reported.

that is about 25 miles from here

For more information go to earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci15350729#summary

Last edited:
Earthquakes are God's judgement on the sinful. Pray for forgiveness.

According to biblical eschatologists, the Bible mentions that earthquakes occurred during the following events: at Mount Sinai, when God gave the law to Moses; during the wilderness wandering of the Israelites, when Korah and his followers rebelled against Moses and were destroyed as punishment for their rebellion; during a fight between the Philistines and Jonathan and his armor bearer; after Elijah killed the prophets of Baal and fled from Jezebel’s wrath, before God spoke to him; during the reign of King Uzziah. The earth shook and the rocks split at the death of Jesus on Calvary. Another earthquake took place at the resurrection of Jesus. When Paul and Silas were in jail at Philippi, an earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. Earthquakes are predicted for the end-times and as humankind near the “Day of the Lord” and the end of the age. While secularists dismiss these beliefs as pure religious superstition, more eschatologists are saying that earthquakes are indicators of major supernatural events that are about to unfold upon the Earth.

Hope that's it!

me too, i am a california native and have survived 4 major earthquakes(6+) and have been lucky enough to only be injured in one...the northridge quake, my building was declared a total loss, but i had earthquake insurance

me too, i am a california native and have survived 4 major earthquakes(6+) and have been lucky enough to only be injured in one...the northridge quake, my building was declared a total loss, but i had earthquake insurance

I have been in a 6.5, but Anchorage construction is so sturdy that we had no damage! Just to our nerves!

I have been in a 6.5, but Anchorage construction is so sturdy that we had no damage! Just to our nerves!

alaska is the earthquake capital of the u s

the ring of fire really takes its toll

what scares me is the san andreas fault. that one is over 30 years overdue. while we are about 50 miles away, its next major quake is expected to be at least an 8+

alaska is the earthquake capital of the u s

the ring of fire really takes its toll

what scares me is the san andreas fault. that one is over 30 years overdue. while we are about 50 miles away, its next major quake is expected to be at least an 8+

I try not to think about it. Keep hoping it doesn't happen or waits till I am gone!

I try not to think about it. Keep hoping it doesn't happen or waits till I am gone!

me to, but i figure i am good for another 15 - 20 years and may not be that lucky, my mom lived to be 87

maybe it will hit somewhere further away from anywhere we live

ive been in a few 5's and the 7 that was in seattle in 2001.

i love earthquakes. they are fun as shit.

the northridge quake was around that and i was just a few miles from the epicenter for that one
Hi Don, the two biggies that I remember were the Northridge and the Whittier earthquakes. I remember that there was a recently built freeway overpass somewhere near Northridge that partially collapsed and that a CHP Motorcycle cop ran off that collapsed overpass edge and was killed, I believe he was going to work? Then wasn't there a hospital that collapsed in the Whittier Quake, or was that the Northridge Quake. I know that they raised the Los Angeles County sales tax after that Whittier quake and its still there even though they said it was a temporary tax, we talk about that all the time.

Back