Kamal Harris Chickened out From NABJ Interview.; Trump Showed up.

Incredulous laughter, audible gasps: Trump’s performance at Black journalists’ panel left him exposed​

He declared himself the best president since Abraham Lincoln for “the Black population”. He pushed back on the idea that Kamala Harris would identify as Black. (“She was Indian, and then all of a sudden she made a turn and she went.”) He enunciated the word with such contempt, as if coughing up a hairball – buh-LAAAAA-kuh. All the while, crowd reactions whipsawed from incredulous laughter to deep groans.

In theory, being interrogated by three Black women should have worked against Trump. Doubtless his many supporters will take his performance as confirmation of his fitness for the fight against Harris. But for the many in the room who could see past the bluster, Trump looked for all the world like an old crank who can barely hear or have a thought without somehow making it racist.

Weird how neither Kamala nor Obama had an African American parent.

Incredulous laughter, audible gasps: Trump’s performance at Black journalists’ panel left him exposed​

He declared himself the best president since Abraham Lincoln for “the Black population”. He pushed back on the idea that Kamala Harris would identify as Black. (“She was Indian, and then all of a sudden she made a turn and she went.”) He enunciated the word with such contempt, as if coughing up a hairball – buh-LAAAAA-kuh. All the while, crowd reactions whipsawed from incredulous laughter to deep groans.

In theory, being interrogated by three Black women should have worked against Trump. Doubtless his many supporters will take his performance as confirmation of his fitness for the fight against Harris. But for the many in the room who could see past the bluster, Trump looked for all the world like an old crank who can barely hear or have a thought without somehow making it racist.

:magagrin:

BOTH Harris and Trump were invited to appear , the same day; TRUMP SHOWED, and HARRIS CHICKENED OUT.
No teleprompter... And she knows that they would have given her softball questions and she still chicened out.... He was himself and I will always respect that ... I didn't get to see it all , but I'm going to watch it again... I missed the divorce comment...🤣

Back