Kansas City vs Houston

Norah

Colossians 3:23
The first game of the NFL playoffs today at 3:30. Who do ya got? I know its a homer pick but I think Houston will surprise some people today and win. I think they are peaking at the right time whereas Kansas City is almost due for a loss.

Go Chiefs.

Houston still does not have a legitimate QB under center. Ever since they got Foster killed in garbage time (so, Bill O'Brian's leadership comes into question), the committee of RBs hasn't really been much of a threat.

Go Chiefs.

Houston still does not have a legitimate QB under center. Ever since they got Foster killed in garbage time (so, Bill O'Brian's leadership comes into question), the committee of RBs hasn't really been much of a threat.

They have been able to win with four different quarterbacks and are going with their most reliable today so I dont think the quarterback situation is really going to be that big of an impact plus receivers like Hopkins help bridge any gaps. With Foster out it will be tougher but the other running backs have done a good job. If Houston's defense can play well with Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus putting pressure on KC's quarterback then it should balance out the game in my opinion and actually give Houston a slight advantage.

I do love the fact that Houston has a defensive player named Mercilus. That said, KC has a more complete defense, because they have one of the league's better backfields. Houston is more comparable to STL up front, in that they have one of the two best fronts in the NFL on defense, but nothing special in the secondary.

It's obvious now that Houston needs to either draft or trade for a good quarterback and cut their current group starting with Hoyer. Despite the turnovers and mistakes they were still in the game until Hoyer make it impossible to make a comeback with the turnovers.

There's some decent prospects in this next draft. Connor Cook, Jared Goff, Kevin Hogan, and Christian Hackenburg, for starters. Not sure if the Dak Prescott is coming out, but he's highly touted, as well.

You can also probably draft Vernon Adams, Jr out of Oregon in the 6th or 7th round as a project back-up. Or sign Johnny Manziel if the Browns let him go.

It's obvious now that Houston needs to either draft or trade for a good quarterback and cut their current group starting with Hoyer. Despite the turnovers and mistakes they were still in the game until Hoyer make it impossible to make a comeback with the turnovers.

4 QBs in one season pretty much made that clear before this game. :D

Back