Karl Rove Drops Prep School Speech

uscitizen

Villified User
Karl Rove Drops Prep School Speech

WALLINGFORD, Conn. (AP) -- Following protests from students, former presidential adviser Karl Rove has withdrawn as this year's commencement speaker at a prestigious prep school, the school's headmaster said Monday.

The choice of Rove as speaker for the June commencement at Choate Rosemary Hall had led some students to plan to walk out of the ceremony. Others had sought to bring comedian Stephen Colbert to campus for an alternate speech.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/ROVE_COMMENCEMENT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

It's nothing but idiotic partisanship if you can't learn from the best.

Rove is a political genius, whatever you think about his tactics or the politics of the candidates he put into office.

I've met him on two different occasions and both times I have been stunned by his insights into American politics.

I hope you washed afterwards

Democrats choose to get mad at Rove because he handed them their asses on a silver platter on two different occasions.

You would do better to learn from him than to just whine about how mean his tactics are.

Democrats choose to get mad at Rove because he handed them their asses on a silver platter on two different occasions.

You would do better to learn from him than to just whine about how mean his tactics are.

No its not that he won its that he is an evil fucking troll who does anything to win even if its illegal.

Let's look at his track record, really. He squeaked by in 2000 with the Supreme Court bailing him out. He then turned what was an overwhelming showing of support for the president, not only in the United States but across the world into a "permanent Republican majority" that lasted a grand total of 4 years.

Some fucking genius there.

It's nothing but idiotic partisanship if you can't learn from the best.

Rove is a political genius, whatever you think about his tactics or the politics of the candidates he put into office.

I've met him on two different occasions and both times I have been stunned by his insights into American politics.
Rove is a nasty nasty individual. He learned from the master Lee Atwater. This is what Lee Had to say shortly before dying from a brain tumor.

My illness helped me to see that what was missing in society is what was missing in me: a little heart, a lot of brotherhood. The '80s were about acquiring -- acquiring wealth, power, prestige. I know. I acquired more wealth, power, and prestige than most. But you can acquire all you want and still feel empty. What power wouldn't I trade for a little more time with my family? What price wouldn't I pay for an evening with friends? It took a deadly illness to put me eye to eye with that truth, but it is a truth that the country, caught up in its ruthless ambitions and moral decay, can learn on my dime. I don't know who will lead us through the '90s, but they must be made to speak to this spiritual vacuum at the heart of American society, this tumor of the soul.

I look forward to the day when Rove can look back on his life and see what a vile human he was and try to make amends for it shortly before dying a miserable death. Some people reap everything they sow.

Let's look at his track record, really. He squeaked by in 2000 with the Supreme Court bailing him out. He then turned what was an overwhelming showing of support for the president, not only in the United States but across the world into a "permanent Republican majority" that lasted a grand total of 4 years.

Yes! He is so overrated it's not even funny. I think he's the most overrated person of our time.

In 2000, Rove upset the presidential ambitions of a sitting vice-president and even took Gore's own home-state in November.

In 2004, a combination of Rovian politics and Democratic incompetence led to Senator Kerry's defeat in what should have unquestionably been a Democratic landslide.

You can hate him or deplore his tactics if they offend you, but to criticize his obvious skill and accomplishments is childish.

In 2000, Rove upset the presidential ambitions of a sitting vice-president and even took Gore's own home-state in November.

In 2004, a combination of Rovian politics and Democratic incompetence led to Senator Kerry's defeat in what should have unquestionably been a Democratic landslide.

You can hate him or deplore his tactics if they offend you, but to criticize his obvious skill and accomplishments is childish.

What skill? The skill to be such a massive dickhead that a bunch of fucking high schoolers can't even stand to have you speak at their graduation? That does take skill, I grant you, but not the good kind.

Its like admiring Charlie Manson for his ability to control his family.

You are making false assumptions here. Who told you that the 2004 election should have been a Democratic landslide? Americans had not yet turned so vehemently against the war. The country was extremely divided, and historically, war time Presidents do not get defeated.

In fact, that a war time President came that close to being defeated was historic.

Secondly, Rove’s “genius” involved caging lists and voter suppression. Is being a criminal being a “genius”? I really don’t think so.

Lastly, the man predicted that he had a permanent Republican majority and as DH points out, it didn’t last four years. He’s a clear failure, and by his very own criteria.

Back