King George

Cancel7

Banned
Well, the King has decreed that his staffers don't have to testify. They are beholden to no branch of goverment, and no law. Now Miers is going to be hit with a contempt charge. But it doesn't matter, because even if it were to stick, he'd just pardon her. It's good to be the King! It's just that I always thought we didn't have them in America

WASHINGTON — A House panel cleared the way Thursday for contempt proceedings against former White House counsel Harriet Miers after she obeyed President Bush and skipped a hearing on the firings of federal prosecutors.

Addressing the empty chair where Miers had been subpoenaed to testify, Rep. Linda Sanchez ruled out of order Bush's executive privilege claim that his former advisers are immune from being summoned before Congress.

The House Judiciary subcommittee that Sanchez chairs voted 7-5 to sustain her ruling. If an agreement with the White House is not reached, the full Judiciary Committee could convene hearings and vote on whether to hold Miers, Bush's longtime friend and former Supreme Court nominee, in contempt. Ultimately, the full House would have to vote on any contempt citation.

"Those claims are not legally valid," Sanchez, D-Calif., said of Bush's declaration, made Monday. "Ms. Miers is required pursuant to the subpoena to be here now."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070712/fired-prosecutors/

You know, 6 or 10 or even 15 years ago, we ALL would have been outraged if a Prez just decided to blow off the laws, the subpeanas of the land, and pardon convicted criminals who served as their underlings before they spent even one night in jail.

You know, 6 or 10 or even 15 years ago, we ALL would have been outraged if a Prez just decided to blow off the laws, the subpeanas of the land, and pardon convicted criminals who served as their underlings before they spent even one night in jail.

That's the part I just don't understand. They've destroyed this country, and we don't even know it yet. Because this is now, always going to be ok. Everything this adminstration does, every law they flout, every time they say f you to congress, from now on, it's always ok.

That's precident. And we are going to live with it. And I blame the American people for this.

That's the part I just don't understand. They've destroyed this country, and we don't even know it yet. Because this is now, always going to be ok. Everything this adminstration does, every law they flout, every time they say f you to congress, from now on, it's always ok.

That's precident. And we are going to live with it. And I blame the American people for this.

It's not enough for 49% of the country to be outraged.

The gut check of an insane and out of control president takes a bipartisan effort.

As long as Repukes keep using the lame excuse "Well, at least he's no worse than Clinton!", I'm afraid there's a limited amount that can be done, outside of investigations and taking Bush to court over the blow off of the subpeanas.

Mush's dymensia is to be expected, you know how inbreeding is in those royal families. worse than hillbillies.

Back