Kobe Forgot to Read The Memo

RockX

Banned
Last night typical liberal tool and NBC announcer Chris Collinsworth had a segment with Kobe Bryant of Team U.S.A. basketball's "Redeem Team."

Collinsworth asked Kobe about what it felt like when he first got his U.S.A. uniform, and how he felt about representing the United States of America...
And, is it really "cool" to be proud of your country today?

Here’s the transcript:

Collinsworth: Tell the story when you first got your USA uniform.

Kobe: Well I had goosebumps and I actually just looked at it for awhile. I just held it there and I laid it across my bed and I just stared at it for a few minutes; just because as a kid growing up this is the ultimate, ultimate in basketball.

Collinsworth: Where does the patriotism come from inside of you? Historically, what is it?

Kobe: Well, you know it’s just our country, it’s... we believe is the greatest country in the world. It has given us so many great opportunities, and it’s just a sense of pride that you have; that you say "You know what? Our country is the best!"

Collinsworth: Is that a ‘cool’ thing to say, in this day and age? That you love your country, and that you’re fighting for the red, white and blue? It seems sort of like a day gone by(?)

Kobe: No, it’s a cool thing for me to say. I feel great about it, and I’m not ashamed to say it. I mean, this is a tremendous honor.

God, imagine that, a black man proud of his country. Guess if Obama wins the presidency, you won't see Kobe invited to the White House.

What a waste of bandwidth.

Your country should be proud of him and all the other black athletes representing America.

Guess you didn't get the memo.

What a waste of bandwidth.

Your country should be proud of him and all the other black athletes representing America.

Guess you didn't get the memo.

I agree with you, BAC, with one small difference. Yes, I think we should all be proud of all the black athletes representing America. I also think we should be proud of all the asian, hispanic and caucasian athletes representing America.

I'm proud of all of the athletes who represent us. I am betting that you are too.

Back