Kos Kid Nalls It for Gov

Annie

Not So Junior Member
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/10/185251/010/127/473813

Elliott Spitzer linked to prostitutes
by Keith930
Mon Mar 10, 2008 at 04:11:12 PM PDT

I'll bet you $50 to $500 that this story...

http://www.nytimes.com/...

is the unseamly underside of Bush's FISA fanatcism....that this government..OUR government...is casting a net "in search of terrorists" so wide, and so deliberately. so as to reel in shit like this...and use it politically.

If Spitzer has a taste for call girls, I won't defend that... Neither am I prone to jump on it and go to town. I'm strictly of the Larry Flynt camp...Let it all out, and let the hypocrites wither in the light of day.

But I have a very discerning internal alarm. and that alarm tells me that this story only hit the news because the NSA, or the FBI...was snooping on this guy because he is so on the record as a trust buster and corporate cop.

Mark my words...this has the Bush Administration's fingerprints all over it...and if the MSM digs a little deeper, they will find what Congress is afraid to look for...evidence that Bush's wiretap program has less to do with terrorists than it has to do with political foes.

* Keith930's diary

well, its fascinating that you had to troll some no name poster over at Kos.

Since virtually every democrat and liberal on this board has been slamming Spitzer.

Were you on this board slamming David Vitter, or the rest of the GOP sexual hypocrites?

Since virtually every democrat and liberal on this board has been slamming Spitzer.

Were you on this board slamming David Vitter, or the rest of the GOP sexual hypocrites?

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Of course it occured to me that he could have been wiretapped in an illegal political witchhunt. Is there anyone who isn't brain dead living in the bush years who that didn't occur to?

But here is what we know. No matter what this adminstration does, his whores will be out and about defending it on grounds of "national security". This is no longer the America shocked by Nixon's crimes. Now, if the President does it, it really isn't illegal. And so they sell their country as your ordinary whore sells their body, and call themselves "Super Patriots".

But be that as it may, the guy is the governor of Ny State. I don't expect him to be breaking the law, and I also expect him to be smart enough to know that he has made powerful enemies, enemies who own our politicians straight up to the white house. So, duh.

He's stupid and crooked, he needs to resign.

I don't understand your response.

He was wiretapped. The only crime he will likely be charged with is how he paid for it with his own money.

I don't care if he is a member of the Nazi party (well... an explicit one). The invasions of privacy are troubling. The fact that he is a despicable prick who ruined alot of people's lives and probably used and championed such tactics does not even change that concern.

He was wiretapped. The only crime he will likely be charged with is how he paid for it with his own money.

I don't care if he is a member of the Nazi party (well... an explicit one). The invasions of privacy are troubling. The fact that he is a despicable prick who ruined alot of people's lives and probably used and championed such tactics does not even change that concern.

I don't have a clue about the specific facts of the case. And Darla is right - it's possible that spitzer was targeted by politicized officials at DOJ. I will wait for the facts to come out. That's another matter.

Here's what I know: spitzer is the state's top law enforcement officer. A governor who advocated for, and passed one of the nation's toughest laws against sexual and human trafficking.

And he's going out an purchasing hookers.

Yes, I realize that the high priced call girls he used, were probably doing it of their own free will, and hadn't been coerced into the sex profession. But, how does the governor know that for sure? And alternatively, how does the governor know that the thousands of dollars he's spending to support this prostitution ring doesn't go into other aspects of their business? Namely, coercing and trafficking women from asia and eastern europe into the sex trade?

He should have known better. It not only makes him a lousy husband and a law breaker, but a hypocrite. Do you think the average blue collar moron, who gets busted at an illicit chinese brothel in new york city is going to understand that the governor is allowed to play by different rules?

I just don't know how he had the energy to do it. I can barely keep up with my wife much less do I want to go looking to pay for it. But then again I am getting old-er.

According to ABC (and the DoJ), Spitzer's bank reported a series of large transactions to the IRS. The IRS reported it to the DoJ Public Corruption unit thinking that Spitzer was on the take. He wasn't. He was, however, moving lots of cash to shell corporations that did not operate any business. Public corruption thought it was a straight-forward corruption case, bribery, campaign finance violations and the like. Turns out that the shell corporations were fronts for the prostitution ring and viola, Spitzer's f*cked. Proper.

I'm not sure whether the reporting from Spitzer's bank was prompted by reporting requirements imposed by the Patriot Act, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Spitzer was fair game to any law inforcement. He broke the very type of laws he inforced. Hes an asshole for doing so. If you cant keep your dick in your pants dont go into public service and put people in jail for the same shit you do in private.

If he transported her acrossed state lines for prostitution purposes I hope he gets all they can throw at him.

Spitzer was fair game to any law inforcement. He broke the very type of laws he inforced. Hes an asshole for doing so. If you cant keep your dick in your pants dont go into public service and put people in jail for the same shit you do in private.

If he transported her acrossed state lines for prostitution purposes I hope he gets all they can throw at him.

Sure, if he violated the "White-Slave Traffic Act" then I hope they lock him up forever.

Get a grip people. He hired a hooker. He committed a crime. He's a hypocrite. He's an asshole. He should have resigned. But let's get real here.

Actually, we were discussing this yesterday. They could charge him with a felony for transporting the prostitute across state lines. Odds are he will plea bargin out of anything substantial, but it could happen.

I do have a question for all... was Spitzer the one wire-tapped or was it the madams house/business?

Sure, if he violated the "White-Slave Traffic Act" then I hope they lock him up forever.

Get a grip people. He hired a hooker. He committed a crime. He's a hypocrite. He's an asshole. He should have resigned. But let's get real here.
I wonder if diapers were involved.

According to ABC (and the DoJ), Spitzer's bank reported a series of large transactions to the IRS. The IRS reported it to the DoJ Public Corruption unit thinking that Spitzer was on the take. He wasn't. He was, however, moving lots of cash to shell corporations that did not operate any business. Public corruption thought it was a straight-forward corruption case, bribery, campaign finance violations and the like. Turns out that the shell corporations were fronts for the prostitution ring and viola, Spitzer's f*cked. Proper.

I'm not sure whether the reporting from Spitzer's bank was prompted by reporting requirements imposed by the Patriot Act, but I wouldn't be surprised.

ignore my last post... this pretty much answers it. Thanks.

yeah.... larry craig real.... yeah baby!

Back