L.A. wants to clamp yearlong ban on fast food

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25896233/

Has anyone gone to a fast food joint lately? I went there a couple of weeks ago and the prices are what I'd consider sky high. You can get real meals for the amount that you pay now adays.

You must be kidding? $1 value menus? 79,89, 99 yeah yeah yeah?

Give it a rest. It costs more to eat healthy than what you pay at Wendy's, BK, Mcds and Taco bell.

What places are you talking about?

It's a ban on new ones, I saw a councleman talking about it awhile back.
Trying to get decent restraunts in, totally good move.

Give it a rest. It costs more to eat healthy than what you pay at Wendy's, BK, Mcds and Taco bell.

Well, the value meals around me are like $6/$7

There probably was a dollar menu, you seem to know more than I do about it, so I'll take your word on this one that you can get items for $0.79.

It's a ban on new ones, I saw a councleman talking about it awhile back.
Trying to get decent restraunts in, totally good move.

Yeah, they aren't closing the ones that are there down, they just aren't building new ones.

I'm indifferent actually.

This is such a load of crap. You can eat healthy for the same money you would spend eating three meals at those fast food places... EVEN if you stick solely to the dollar menus.

Lets start with breakfast.

Mine....

Big bowl of oatmeal... $0.30
Bananna... $0.25
Water... $0.00

I win.

This is such a load of crap. You can eat healthy for the same money you would spend eating three meals at those fast food places... EVEN if you stick solely to the dollar menus.

Lets start with breakfast.

Mine....

Big bowl of oatmeal... $0.30
Bananna... $0.25
Water... $0.00

I win.

Remind me never to take tinfoil's word for anything.

Well now I am sure the glass of water did cost something just rounded off to zero because it was probably like .0001

Yeah he jumped the gun on the transfats, we need to get more statistical evidence. It has not killed enough people yet to prove it is bad for ya.

I saw a rather annoying "satire" of the trans fat bans on "King of the Hill' the other day, where they said that "Maybe the government can just protect me from everything?!" and "Isn't that what makes it taste good?!"

There's no reason for there to be trans-fats in your food. If you need fat, saturated fats taste pretty much the same, or better.

I saw a rather annoying "satire" of the trans fat bans on "King of the Hill' the other day, where they said that "Maybe the government can just protect me from everything?!" and "Isn't that what makes it taste good?!"

There's no reason for there to be trans-fats in your food. If you need fat, saturated fats taste pretty much the same, or better.

Monosaturated fats taste even better.

Plain old fat tastes best :D

We need to base this on sound science now. this is all just a naturally occuring cholestrol surge. It may just happen every few thousand years we don't have enough data yet to say for sure.

LOL

Councilwoman Jan Perry, who proposed the measure and represents much of South Los Angeles in her 9th District, says that's no accident. South LA residents lack healthy food options, including grocery stores, fresh produce markets — and full-service restaurants with wait staff and food prepared to order.

This is the same dumb ass politician that blocked a WalMart supermarket from going in South LA because the store was too big. Those people that live their have no decent market to shop at, and no major restaurant is going to open in that area, unless the LAPD is going to provide free 24hr security for those establishments.

We don't have universal healthcare yet, so them being fat is not costing you any money.

Why do you care?

Back