Labour comes in THIRD

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Warmongering righties got pwnt by non-warmongering righties and elitists.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5h_xgT1KyZzj_B6cDXlnVxry41bMg

Britain's Brown suffers major defeats in local polls

3 days ago

LONDON (AFP) — British Prime Minister Gordon Brown admitted Friday that his party had suffered a "bad" blow in key local elections, as forecasts predicted the worst results for Labour since the 1960s.

As results poured in, Labour -- with Brown leading them into elections for the first time since taking office last year -- was set to finish in third place behind the opposition Conservatives and Liberal Democrats, the BBC said.

The ruling party could face further humiliation in the London mayoral race, which pitched the current mayor, Labour's Ken Livingstone, against the Conservatives' maverick Boris Johnson.

"It's clear to me that this has been a disappointing night, indeed a bad night for Labour," Brown told reporters.

"We have lessons to learn from that and then we will move forward."

Linking his party's performance to the effects of the global credit crunch in Britain, he added: "The real test of leadership is not what happens in a period of success but what happens in difficult circumstances."

Amid speculation Livingstone would be voted out as part of the backlash against the government, Brown added that he had spoken to Livingstone last night and thanked him "for the campaign he has run and the message he has put across."

The Conservatives have 44 percent of the vote, the Liberal Democrats 25 percent and Labour 24 percent, according to BBC projections, which added that this result would be its worst in local polls since the late 1960s.

I could totally be a Conservative in Britain.

I wouldn't be, since the Liberal Democrats are way more in line with my views, but I could be. They seem better than Labour in every measurable way.

The Cameron Conservatives are awesome, honestly. I wish I could live in Britian just to give them my vote.

Well, actually, I'd give the Libdems my vote. But if they libdems had no chance, to the conservatives it would go!

The "chickens came home to roost."

Too bad he didn't learn from Tony Blair getting his ass booted out the door. Brown insisted on staying close to Bush.

Should've learned better.

The "chickens came home to roost."

Too bad he didn't learn from Tony Blair getting his ass booted out the door. Brown insisted on staying close to Bush.

Should've learned better.

To be fair to Gordon Browns Iraq played only a minor role in his humiliation this week.

The real kicker was a Labour Party choosing to tax the poorest people in Britain to pay for tax cuts for the middle-class; abandoning their core supporters in an attempt to appeal to the middle classes in a general election, which he then chickened out of holding last year.

Ironically if Tony Blair were still leader then their performance probably wouldn't have been so bad.

I've often wondered if anyone knew what i was talking about, in general as well as the sig.

"Tabs" are a northern english slang term for cigarettes.

I've often wondered if anyone knew what i was talking about, in general as well as the sig.

"Tabs" are a northern english slang term for cigarettes.

Ah gotcha.

I think there is a drink called Tab or something here.

In the drug scene Tabs refers to Lortabs.

To be fair to Gordon Browns Iraq played only a minor role in his humiliation this week.

The real kicker was a Labour Party choosing to tax the poorest people in Britain to pay for tax cuts for the middle-class; abandoning their core supporters in an attempt to appeal to the middle classes in a general election, which he then chickened out of holding last year.

Ironically if Tony Blair were still leader then their performance probably wouldn't have been so bad.

Without question taxes and the failing economy were a big part of it .. but the air has been seeping out of Brown's balloon since he took over from B;air, then went on to define the "special relationship" he had with Bush .. which was not well recieved and added to his image of being wishy-washy.

Had Blair been the leader the losses would have been far greater .. which is the reason why they got him out in the first place.

Ah gotcha.

I think there is a drink called Tab or something here.

In the drug scene Tabs refers to Lortabs.

I can see why it would cause some confusion.

It also explains why some people on the board have been looking at me suspiciously all these years. I would never drink Tab.

Without question taxes and the failing economy were a big part of it .. but the air has been seeping out of Brown's balloon since he took over from B;air, then went on to define the "special relationship" he had with Bush .. which was not well recieved and added to his image of being wishy-washy.

Had Blair been the leader the losses would have been far greater .. which is the reason why they got him out in the first place.

I'd agree with the general point that Brown has been a disappointment. Everyone was expecting a sea-change. What we got was more of the same.

Granted, if Brown has made a big play of breaking with Blair's 'poodle policy' it would have been well received but it wouldn't have been nearly enough. Iraq has been a dead issue for a long time now and that was partly due to Blair leaving office and partly due to time and our retreat from Basra.

Brown is suffering from the economic situation, more so since his record was based on delivering a strong economy. He was a decent chancellor but cannot make decisions (dithering over a general election in October which he would have won, bowing to pressure over corporation tax, failure to honour a referendum promise on the European Constitution).

Opinion polls now show that Blair is more popular than Brown. Blair was terrible in his latter years but he wouldn't never have made the suicidal decisions in domestic policy that brown has embraced with gusto. Yes, it's probably rose tinted glasses but if Blair came back tomorrow the Labour party would be in much better shape with the electorate.

I'd agree with the general point that Brown has been a disappointment. Everyone was expecting a sea-change. What we got was more of the same.

Granted, if Brown has made a big play of breaking with Blair's 'poodle policy' it would have been well received but it wouldn't have been nearly enough. Iraq has been a dead issue for a long time now and that was partly due to Blair leaving office and partly due to time and our retreat from Basra.

Brown is suffering from the economic situation, more so since his record was based on delivering a strong economy. He was a decent chancellor but cannot make decisions (dithering over a general election in October which he would have won, bowing to pressure over corporation tax, failure to honour a referendum promise on the European Constitution).

Opinion polls now show that Blair is more popular than Brown. Blair was terrible in his latter years but he wouldn't never have made the suicidal decisions in domestic policy that brown has embraced with gusto. Yes, it's probably rose tinted glasses but if Blair came back tomorrow the Labour party would be in much better shape with the electorate.

Thank you my brother.

Always good to have insight from the scene.

Back