LaPierre and the NRA: Heartless

Howey

Banned
LaPierre finally speaks. Should have probably kept his fucking mouth shut. No words of sorrow, no compassion, no nothing...It's not about guns, it's about video games!

The nation's largest gun-rights lobby is calling for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."

The National Rifle Association broke its silence Friday on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead.

The group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference that "the next Adam Lanza," the man responsible for last week's mayhem, is planning an attack on another school.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," LaPierre said.

He blamed video games, movies and music videos for exposing children to a violent culture day in and day out.

Good idea. Let's ban guns in video games, but not in real life. *rollseyes*

Gee what a surprise that Homo Howey the Hiney Humper didn't like what the NRA said. Nothing short of him saying "Everyone turn in their guns" would have made you happy, so you can just fuck off. Nobody cares what people who spread deadly viruses think

LaPierre finally speaks. Should have probably kept his fucking mouth shut. No words of sorrow, no compassion, no nothing...It's not about guns, it's about video games!

Good idea. Let's ban guns in video games, but not in real life. *rollseyes*

You don't want armed police at every school? Why do you hate children?

You don't want armed police at every school? Why do you hate children?

I have no problem with armed guards at schools until the new procedures are approved by Congress and we start taking guns from the crazies.

What I do have a problem with is the funds for the guards coming out of already Republican-depleted school funds.

Guns are not the do-all answer for everything Rune. Quit acting like Dixie.

I have no problem with armed guards at schools until the new procedures are approved by Congress and we start taking guns from the crazies.

What I do have a problem with is the funds for the guards coming out of already Republican-depleted school funds.

Guns are not the do-all answer for everything Rune. Quit acting like Dixie.

Neither is Congress or hadn't you noticed?

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre made the serious suggestion that instead of pursuing gun control on a national scale Congress should instead pay for police officers to patrol every school in the United States. The median annual pay for a police officer in 2010 is $55,010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

There are nearly 99,000 public schools in the USA so if you were to install one full-time cop at each and every school in the United States, it would cost more than $5.4 billion. It's not clear if the NRA wants just one, or more. I wonder if the NRA would be happy for a tax to be put on guns and ammunition to pay for the extra police?

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre made the serious suggestion that instead of pursuing gun control on a national scale Congress should instead pay for police officers to patrol every school in the United States. The median annual pay for a police officer in 2010 is $55,010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

There were 98,817 public schools during the 2009-2010 school year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics so if you were to install one full-time cop at each and every school in the United States, it would cost more than $5.4 billion. It's not clear if the NRA wants just one, or more. I wonder if the NRA would be happy for a tax to be put on guns and ammunition to pay for the extra police?

It is a jobs program. Done deal. $5.4 billion? Chump change. Sure, put a tax on guns. Done deal.

There are nearly 99,000 public schools in the USA so if you were to install one full-time cop at each and every school in the United States, it would cost more than $5.4 billion. It's not clear if the NRA wants just one, or more. I wonder if the NRA would be happy for a tax to be put on guns and ammunition to pay for the extra police?

Yeah, but the other guy that spoke at the NRA press conference (it was actually more lecture than press conference since the NRA permitted no questions) said that police, Army reserve and National Guard and firefighters will volunteer so, like, it won't cost anything.

Im not necessarly against having armed guards at schools, but who is going to pay for it? The NRA? The Republicans want 0 taxes so the Government cant do it.

And what are we going to do about the media killing so many?

Im not necessarly against having armed guards at schools, but who is going to pay for it? The NRA? The Republicans want 0 taxes so the Government cant do it.

And what are we going to do about the media killing so many?

Since when do you care how much something costs? Don't childrens lives have value to you?

Back