Lawmakers agree to ban toxins in kids’ items

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
Linda Root, laboratory manager at Specialized Technology Resources, Inc.,uses a razor blade to demonstrate a lead-paint removal technique on a toy car at a laboratory in Enfield, Conn. Concerns over lead and other toxins in toys have prompted lawmakers to call for a ban on a class of chemicals used in many children's products....more at link

.....The rare action by Congress reflects a growing body of scientific research showing that children ingest the toxins by acts as simple as chewing on a rubber duck. ...

But of course Bush, who has no problem with letting us, the troops and thousands of innocent Iraqis die opposes the ban.

What a piece of utter $hit. I can't wait for the day that I can pi$$ all over his grave. I swear that's going on my bucket list.

.....The rare action by Congress reflects a growing body of scientific research showing that children ingest the toxins by acts as simple as chewing on a rubber duck. ...

But of course Bush, who has no problem with letting us, the troops and thousands of innocent Iraqis die opposes the ban.

What a piece of utter $hit. I can't wait for the day that I can pi$$ all over his grave. I swear that's going on my bucket list.

More faux liberal outrage from Tiana!

First of all, this is yet another situation where we should let the magic of the free markets sort this out, instead of imposing onerous government regulation.

Second, what is this crap about "a growing body of scientific evidence" demonstrating a threat? As with global warming, we should WAIT to address any public health threat until science has proven with 120% CERTAINTY that the nature of the problem is really a significant threat to human health or the environment.

True Cypress, we need several more Thousand children effected before we should take action. Darned anticapitalistic bleeding heart liberals.

After all bush was right on opposing the labeling of origion for vegetables wasn't he ? We have had no one get sick and did rapidly track back the source didn't we ?

True Cypress, we need several more Thousand children effected before we should take action. Darned anticapitalistic bleeding heart liberals.

snip

This is the smartest and most astute thing you've ever posted.

You tax-and-regulate liberals need to realize that it would destroy our country to impose regulations for a public heath threat that is merely defined by "a growing body of scientific evidence". Sounds like liberal fascism to me. We need absolute, bullet proof scientific proof and absolute universal scientific consensus, before we regulate the free market.

More faux liberal outrage from Tiana!

First of all, this is yet another situation where we should let the magic of the free markets sort this out, instead of imposing onerous government regulation.

Second, what is this crap about "a growing body of scientific evidence" demonstrating a threat? As with global warming, we should WAIT to address any public health threat until science has proven with 120% CERTAINTY that the nature of the problem is really a significant threat to human health or the environment.

I should set up a hunting trip with Bush and Cheney.

This is just absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe retards elected this man. And yes. I stand by what I just wrote. If you voted for Bush your a fcking retard.

I should set up a hunting trip with Bush and Cheney.

This is just absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe retards elected this man. And yes. I stand by what I just wrote. If you voted for Bush your a fcking retard.

Before you go Keith Olbermann and Michael Savage your article didn't say he was definitely vetoing the measure, just that he opposed it.

Yep we need to know exactly which chemical causes which problems in which children. After all Genetic predispositions might be involved. They might not even impact genetically superior Republican Chindren.

Before you go Keith Olbermann and Michael Savage your article didn't say he was definitely vetoing the measure, just that he opposed it.

Lead paint on childrens toys?

Color me Keith then. He's an evil son of b!tch and I hope he gets whats coming to him.

This is the smartest and most astute thing you've ever posted.

You tax-and-regulate liberals need to realize that it would destroy our country to impose regulations for a public heath threat that is merely defined by "a growing body of scientific evidence". Sounds like liberal fascism to me. We need absolute, bullet proof scientific proof and absolute universal scientific consensus, before we regulate the free market.

Yep. And we don't mean like that joke that is evolution, general relativity, gravity, round earth, sun-centric universe etc.

We mean evidence like what you see in the bible. That means from God. Until God tells us to ban toxic toys, then we shouldn't ban them.

Back