Liberal Compassion?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Advertisements [?]
Source: Politico

Paul M. Weyrich, 66, who helped found the Heritage Foundation and at one time was one of Washington's most visible conservatives, died this morning. At his death, he was president and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation.

Heritage announced this morning: "Paul M. Weyrich, chairman and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation and first president of The Heritage Foundation, died this morning around 1 a.m. He was 66 years old. Weyrich was a good friend to many of us at Heritage, a true leader and a man of unbending principle. He won Heritage’s prestigious Clare Boothe Luce Award in 2005. Weyrich will be deeply missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, including son Steve, who currently works at Heritage."

Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform wrote this tribute: "Paul Weyrich created institutions and networks that incubated new and old powerful policies and strategies to advance liberty. ... He brought leaders of various freedom impulses together. Most of the successes of the Conservative movement since the 1970s flowed from structures, organizations, and coalitions he started, created or nurtured. Paul also lived a balanced life with work, family and his faith. We will miss his puns and wisdom and hard work."

Kathryn Jean Lopez of National Review Online, who had the first word of his passing, called Weyrich "a Washington conservative institution" and "a patriot who lived a long life serving his nation."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16702.html

What do the Democrats have to say about it?

http://www.democraticunderground.co...sg&forum=102&topic_id=3650335&mesg_id=3650335

I'll bet we'll get a few juicy gems from here too.

I didn't know him so I'm not sad, but personally I feel for his family, they will miss him. I hope their sorrow is short and their memories strong.

Eh, I dont imagine their opinions are representative of most.

They're those special kind of loser that forgoes a forum where differing ideas collide and instead settle for nurturing their misguided idealogies through like minded individuals in a cesspool of brainrot.

Essentially, if you're the type of person who goes to a political forum where everyone agrees with you on everything and somehow think that this nurtures intellectual growth, you're a tool.

Luckily, this is not such a forum!

Okay WM has officially sunk below the worthwhile level.

Between ignoring him and usc I will probably filter out half the useless posts in this place.

I have never found anyone worth the ignore button.

Its is the antithesis of what a chat format is about for me.

I have never found anyone worth the ignore button.

Its is the antithesis of what a chat format is about for me.

Desh, in reading your quote I find it difficult to believe that the author is claiming liberals don't have strong held beliefs. As an example do you believe that pro-choice is a 'tentative' belief that is held? That just at any moment the liberal movement will become pro-life?

Advertisements [?]
Source: Politico

Paul M. Weyrich, 66, who helped found the Heritage Foundation and at one time was one of Washington's most visible conservatives, died this morning. At his death, he was president and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation.

Heritage announced this morning: "Paul M. Weyrich, chairman and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation and first president of The Heritage Foundation, died this morning around 1 a.m. He was 66 years old. Weyrich was a good friend to many of us at Heritage, a true leader and a man of unbending principle. He won Heritage’s prestigious Clare Boothe Luce Award in 2005. Weyrich will be deeply missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, including son Steve, who currently works at Heritage."

Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform wrote this tribute: "Paul Weyrich created institutions and networks that incubated new and old powerful policies and strategies to advance liberty. ... He brought leaders of various freedom impulses together. Most of the successes of the Conservative movement since the 1970s flowed from structures, organizations, and coalitions he started, created or nurtured. Paul also lived a balanced life with work, family and his faith. We will miss his puns and wisdom and hard work."

Kathryn Jean Lopez of National Review Online, who had the first word of his passing, called Weyrich "a Washington conservative institution" and "a patriot who lived a long life serving his nation."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16702.html

What do the Democrats have to say about it?

http://www.democraticunderground.co...sg&forum=102&topic_id=3650335&mesg_id=3650335

I'll bet we'll get a few juicy gems from here too.

I didn't know him so I'm not sad, but personally I feel for his family, they will miss him. I hope their sorrow is short and their memories strong.

I see you've been hitting the eggnog really early, and are making a drunken fool out of yourself.

Should i hang around Freepers like a big drunken fool and gather some of their posts and put them up here as "compassionate conservatism"?

Huh?

Have you seen some of the things those people write? Racist, violent, death threats, you name it.

I see you've been hitting the eggnog really early, and are making a drunken fool out of yourself.

Should i hang around Freepers like a big drunken fool and gather some of their posts and put them up here as "compassionate conservatism"?

Huh?

Have you seen some of the things those people write? Racist, violent, death threats, you name it.
Nah, I don't go there. My main goal was to head it off here if I could. I get tired of hearing how happy people are for another's death. It almost makes me physically ill.

I will note, however, that the "They do it too" defense is actually a confession.

Back