Liberal response to gun control

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.

• Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012312300033&nclick_check=1

how does zappakreskin know it was hyperbole....

Obama’s speech was fine as far as it went, but it didn’t go very far. Neither have any of the other responses I’ve heard.

The thing missing from the debate so far is anger — anger that we live in a society where something like the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre can happen and our main concern is not offending the NRA’s sensibilities.

That’s obscene. Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America:

his words clearly indicate he is quite serious and quite angry.

What makes you believe its hyperbole?

Here...I retrieved this from the article...maybe you could file it under "DUH" so you are ready the next time another clueless Rightie like you or the YurTard tries to pretend this is anything other than hyperbolic opinion.

"Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control."

Oh Noooooo...no hyperbole there...LOL!

Here...I retrieved this from the article...maybe you could file it under "DUH" so you are ready the next time another clueless Rightie like you or the YurTard tries to pretend this is anything other than hyperbolic opinion.

"Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control."

Oh Noooooo...no hyperbole there...LOL!

Well, after reading some clearly serious posts here that essentially say the same thing (like Gatorman saying we should bomb gun shows), I'd have to say I'm skeptical about your claims of it being hyperbole. But I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time you say something is serious.

when i've used hyperbole in the past, zappa accused me of lying

zappakreskin has no proof it is hyperbole and in fact the man's words indicate he is quite serious

Well, after reading some clearly serious posts here that essentially say the same thing (like Gatorman saying we should bomb gun shows), I'd have to say I'm skeptical about your claims of it being hyperbole. But I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time you say something is serious.

No biggie...I didn't actually expect a partisan, gun loving hack such as yourself to actually AGREE with a LIBERAL regarding the article and it's contents.

If I want "honest" debate...I just wait for the more rational posters to respond.

No biggie...I didn't actually expect a partisan, gun loving hack such as yourself to actually AGREE with a LIBERAL regarding the article and it's contents.

If I want "honest" debate...I just wait for the more rational posters to respond.

Seriously Zap, stop being retarded. The guy was serious, and your attempts to justify it as 'hyperbole' are sad.

when i've used hyperbole in the past, zappa accused me of lying

zappakreskin has no proof it is hyperbole and in fact the man's words indicate he is quite serious

Nobody really expected a cowardly, lying partisan hack like the YurTard to discuss such an obviously hyperbolic OPINION PIECE with anything approaching honesty.

Good thing too!!

Nobody really expected a cowardly, lying partisan hack like the YurTard to discuss such an obviously hyperbolic OPINION PIECE with anything approaching honesty.

Good thing too!!

So it went from hyperbole to his opinion now? You cannot debate opinions Zap. You can debate the merits of them, but if it's hyperbole as you said 3 posts ago, why should it be debated?

Seriously Zap, stop being retarded. The guy was serious, and your attempts to justify it as 'hyperbole' are sad.

Well of course a panicky little girl like yourself believes such ridiculous hyperbole is real.

You wet yourself anytime someone even mentions DISCUSSING gun control measures.

Go hike up your bloomers and and your frilly little poodle skirt and maybe you won't pee all over yourself this time.

Then we can try and have an adult conversation for a change.

i think it interesting to note that it was zappa who threw out the first insult and acted like a petulant child. the conversation was civil until zappa showed up slinging his derision and petty personal attacks.

So it went from hyperbole to his opinion now? You cannot debate opinions Zap. You can debate the merits of them, but if it's hyperbole as you said 3 posts ago, why should it be debated?

Is the article Yurtsie posted not an OPINION PIECE?

Is there some rule that says opinion pieces can't be filled with hyperbole?

The hyperbole is obvious to everyone but hacks who can't admit when they are wrong.

In other words, it's a hyperbolic opinion piece.

Not that I expect you to admit what's right in front of you.

when others attempt to explain someone is joking or that they were joking, zappa calls you a liar, but he can kreskin this guy's mind and that is not a double standard...

:rolleyes:

his words speak for themselves

i think it interesting to note that it was zappa who threw out the first insult and acted like a petulant child. the conversation was civil until zappa showed up slinging his derision and petty personal attacks.

What a surprise...ANOTHER YurTard lie!

"It was Zappa who threw out the FIRST insult...the conversation was CIVIL until Zappa..."

Seriously?

The very FIRST response to your OP was STY and his cheap shot about a village missing it's idiot...oh my YES totally civil before I dropped in!

It's just further proof that you absolutely refuse to be honest.

What a surprise...ANOTHER YurTard lie!

"It was Zappa who threw out the FIRST insult...the conversation was CIVIL until Zappa..."

Seriously?

The very FIRST response to your OP was STY and his cheap shot about a village missing it's idiot...oh my YES totally civil before I dropped in!

It's just further proof that you absolutely refuse to be honest.

it was civil among the posters. don't be obtuse and dishonest about this. you came in and immediately attacked other posters and were not the least bit civil to anyone.

it was civil among the posters. don't be obtuse and dishonest about this. you came in and immediately attacked other posters and were not the least bit civil to anyone.

Ohhhh...so it was civil...AMONG THE POSTERS.

Odd that you didn't make that distinction before.

But we understand...you gotta move those goalposts so you won't have to admit you are full of it.

And the YurTard STILL has the nerve to tell me to quit being dishonest...freakin unbelievable.

Back