Lieberman

Onceler

His treachery is well documented on this board, but I can't believe the interview I heard earlier. I was listening to Hannity (I know, I know), and it was like they were Butch & Sundance. Lieberman was talking about how resolute Bush has been, and how admirable that is, and how dangerous an Obama victory & Dem majority would be for America. He was using all of the GOP talking points on how the Dems are controlled by moveon.org & Soros now, and care more about singing kum-ba-yah with our enemies than they do about protecting America.

It was really nauseating. He didn't challenge Hannity on anything. Hannity was bringing up things like Ayers w/ his usual hyperbole..."a guy who he calls his friend, has spent years with & proudly served on a board with"...and Lieberman would just chime in with a whiny "it's disturbing, Sean...that's why I'm so proud to be working to get John McCain elected...."

It's incredible how much he has shifted. He's so proudly anti-Democrat now, and really yucking it up with his new pals on the right. I knew all of that, but to hear it unfold with the Mayor of Hackolopolous was brutal...

His treachery is well documented on this board, but I can't believe the interview I heard earlier. I was listening to Hannity (I know, I know), and it was like they were Butch & Sundance. Lieberman was talking about how resolute Bush has been, and how admirable that is, and how dangerous an Obama victory & Dem majority would be for America. He was using all of the GOP talking points on how the Dems are controlled by moveon.org & Soros now, and care more about singing kum-ba-yah with our enemies than they do about protecting America.

It was really nauseating. He didn't challenge Hannity on anything. Hannity was bringing up things like Ayers w/ his usual hyperbole..."a guy who he calls his friend, has spent years with & proudly served on a board with"...and Lieberman would just chime in with a whiny "it's disturbing, Sean...that's why I'm so proud to be working to get John McCain elected...."

It's incredible how much he has shifted. He's so proudly anti-Democrat now, and really yucking it up with his new pals on the right. I knew all of that, but to hear it unfold with the Mayor of Hackolopolous was brutal...

You know, I'm starting to view Lieberman as a scorned man. You've probably seen some of the posts from some of the guys around here filled with their bitterness towards various exes of theirs. It's a real wake-up call which defies the common mythology built around the scorned woman. You really, really don't want a scorned man on your hands.

Lieberman is acting like one of them. Elected democrats really had no choice but to support Lamont when the people nominated him, and Joe has been looking for revenge ever since. He's going to sleep with the girl they hate the most, just to see how they like that. The poor pathetic whiny bastard. He's so over.

Lieberman's a pro war moderate. You guys have a few pro war dems. Hillary was one of them for a period of time.

Lieberman's a pro war moderate. You guys have a few pro war dems. Hillary was one of them for a period of time.

Big difference: How may pro-war Dems (if there are any left, besides Lieberman) are supporting McMaverick for president?

Probably not, but the disturbing thing is that I have no doubt he'd say yes if he was asked.
They seem to be seen everywhere together. He and Romney have been making statements that seem to be like those of a VP too. I wonder if he is trying to get the spot.

Romney is ACTIVELY running for VP. many pubs will not vote for mccain without romney on the ticket.

Would many racist Dems be more likely to vote for McCain if Lieberman was on the ticket ?

I don't think it is due to racism but I know a bunch of dems who will vote for McCain over Obama no matter who is on his ticket. Of that same bunch, most said they would vote for Hillary if she was the nominee. I can't figure that out as I can't see a difference between them the width of a frog's hair on most issues. Now ask me what most are saying is the reason.

I don't think it is due to racism but I know a bunch of dems who will vote for McCain over Obama no matter who is on his ticket. Of that same bunch, most said they would vote for Hillary if she was the nominee. I can't figure that out as I can't see a difference between them the width of a frog's hair on most issues. Now ask me what most are saying is the reason.
Okay. What are most saying is the reason?

1. Though there seems to be little difference in policy most see Hillary as "less radical" as Obama on many issues. I mean, have they looked at their healthcare plans. Hers is much more radical than his it seems to me.

2. Though both have sought and voted for stricter gun control laws most see Hillary as a safer vote when it comes to that.

3. This is the kicker for me. Most see Obama as a "big city" politician and see Hillary as a more "normal" person. What does that mean?

I'm thinking these people are nuts. I will vote for neither but I won't vote for McCain either. The decision making process of some folks is really something. I'm sure they feel the same about me when we talk about politics though.

I dont know one single dem who is voting for McCain. Most I know think Hillary has lost her mind.

I just looked at your location and now it makes sense.

1. Though there seems to be little difference in policy most see Hillary as "less radical" as Obama on many issues. I mean, have they looked at their healthcare plans. Hers is much more radical than his it seems to me.

2. Though both have sought and voted for stricter gun control laws most see Hillary as a safer vote when it comes to that.

3. This is the kicker for me. Most see Obama as a "big city" politician and see Hillary as a more "normal" person. What does that mean?

I'm thinking these people are nuts. I will vote for neither but I won't vote for McCain either. The decision making process of some folks is really something. I'm sure they feel the same about me when we talk about politics though.

I know that I do!

Lieberman hasn't shifted .. he's always been a snake in the grass and there were a LOT of democrats who warned the party they would not vote for any ticket with Lieberman on it.

Lieberman was the DLC poster child and his selection left a bitter taste in the mouths of many progressives. Now that fight between the progressive wing of the party and the republican wing of the party is what's behind Clinton's refusal to get out of the race.

ABB (Anybody But Bush) was the dumbest political strategy I have seen in my lifetime.

The dems that are rascist and voted for Bush will likely vote for McCain and Uberman might even help them rationalize their vote.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Back