Limbaugh says Americans voted for Obama to prove they weren't racist

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

Either Rush Limbaugh believes that Mitt Romney's on a roll, or he's mad as hell at the political routing he may be sensing up ahead.

Either way his dependably outlandish comments have really hit overdrive in recent weeks.

This week the portly pundit, who reportedly makes around $40 million dollars a year as the unofficial leader of the Republican Party, raised eyebrows when he claimed that some voters pulled the lever for President Obama just to prove to themselves they were not racist.

'Some people voted for Obama in 2008 to prove that they weren't racist, you know it and I know it,' Limbaugh. 'Now what's going to happen in 2012 is that some people are going to vote against Obama to prove that they're not stupid. You understand, folks really, now I...if the election were today it would be the biggest blowout that you could possibly imagine. You imagine somebody coming out of the ballot box today and say that they proudly voted for Obama? If the election were today...'ya I voted Obama,' What? Why? Who could back up a vote?'

Poll after poll fails to support Limbaugh's dramatic claims however, and attempting to inoculate his listeners against any charges of racism for despising both the man and his politics may not actually be helping.

Besides, racists don't suddenly reform themselves in the voting booth, do they?

The truth is, racist voters were more likely to vote against Obama in 2008 and they they will be less likely to vote for him in 2012, regardless of Limbaugh's preposterous rants.

Does anybody listen to this drug addict anymore, or actually believe anything he says? People should know by now that he represents the same corporate fascism that got this country into the mess we're in. I believe a lot of people in red states can't think for themselves politically and propaganda has a strong influence on the weak minded.

People in blue states know that limbaugh is a corporate, tea bag propagandist and his only job is to mask the fact that conservative ideology has failed.

Back