limit the commerce clause again

from having the power to ONLY regulate commerce between the states in order to avoid economic warfare between the states, to the supposed power to force an american to buy a service or product, congress has not just stretched the commerce clause beyond it's original intent, but completely ignored the limits to broaden it's own power in violation of the constitutional limits imposed upon it by the framers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SDf5_Thqsk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Wheat, Weed, and ObamaCare: How the Commerce Clause Made Congress All-Powerful[/ame]

Dude, I don't even need to watch the video to agree. The commerce clause and the general welfare clause have been stretched and misrepresented so much it's not even funny.

Dude, I don't even need to watch the video to agree. The commerce clause and the general welfare clause have been stretched and misrepresented so much it's not even funny.

Commerce clause yes. it is mostly abused.

But the government needs to maintain the right to regulate international trade under the general welfare clause.

I know you libertarians are trying to paint all regulation with an equal broad brush, so you can remove government as the last protection on worker standards of living, allowing your globalist outsourcing zealotry to succeed in destroyin the middle class, according to the desires of your multinational corporate masters.

Some regulations, like refusing to allow slave goods on our markets, helps the small american business men. Allowing multinationals to destroy domestic markets with slave made goods and cheap immigrant displacement labor will destroy the american people. You're not patriotic.

I think if we simply shot down the stretched definition of interstate commerce, Grind, you could still have all the protectionism you want under international commerce.

The states have not all got fences, as was cleverly pointed out in You Can't Take it With You!

Commerce clause yes. it is mostly abused.

But the government needs to maintain the right to regulate international trade under the general welfare clause.

:palm:

General welfare???

The congressional power to regulate trade with foreign nations is found in the commerce clause. It's quite clear that the founders did not want foreign trade regulated by the states.

It's just not intended as the unlimited power the left has made it.

Last edited:
:palm:

General welfare???

The congressional power to regulate trade with foreign nations is found in the commerce clause. It's quite clear that the founders did not want trade regulated by the states.

It's just not intended as an unlimited power.

Are you saying we need to have regulations on the regulations?

i realize the intent of this thread was about forcing us not to buy healthcare which is bullshit and not really about my personal obsession with globalization, and i apologize for trying to make it about that.

Back