LOL. She should be Crucifixed!

Children at that age are usually mean to anyone outside their "norm"

It is terribly sad. What we couldn't find out is if she wore an Obama shirt to a McCain classroom would she have been treated the same way by the McCain supporters.

She has got guts, I give her that!

Weird.

If this experiment were repeated in the UK with "Brown Girl" and "Cameron Girl" T-shirts the overwhelming reaction on both counts would be "who?" followed by massive indifference.

At least those kids are interested in politics, perhaps a little too interested and in the wrong way, but interested nonetheless.

Weird.

If this experiment were repeated in the UK with "Brown Girl" and "Cameron Girl" T-shirts the overwhelming reaction on both counts would be "who?" followed by massive indifference.

At least those kids are interested in politics, perhaps a little too interested and in the wrong way, but interested nonetheless.

We are the barbaric wild west.

Children at that age are usually mean to anyone outside their "norm"

It is terribly sad. What we couldn't find out is if she wore an Obama shirt to a McCain classroom would she have been treated the same way by the McCain supporters.

She has got guts, I give her that!

Hopefully the kids learned the lesson of her study...

If you were familiar with Oak Park it would be even more funny! It is a bastion of liberalism. It's also made up of very rich and middle to lower middle class. Right outside of the city, it's a great location. The demarcation line between the 'haves' and 'haven't much' is the Eisenhower Expressway, (I-290 if looking at a map.) Racially it's very diverse, it's also bordered on the east by Austin, a low income, black neighborhood of Chicago. The infamous, "West side".

I read the article to my 8th graders. They appreciated the 'experiment', but they didn't understand how the kids could be so hateful to her wearing the McCain shirt. They'd been caught up in the election too, but while they tried to convince a couple Obama holdouts, they did it by using their positions, not 'cult.' Difference is neighborhood, not schools or teachers.

Back