Looks like Judd Gregg accepts...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
With the condition that his seat not go to the Ds...

Gregg's term is up in 2010. If he left the Senate, New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch could have named a Democrat to replace him, giving the Democrats the 60-seat majority needed to overcome Republican attempts to use filibusters to block legislation.

But state political sources from both parties said Monday that Lynch will name Gregg's former chief of staff, Bonnie Newman, to replace him.

Newman, most recently the interim president of the University of New Hampshire, also worked in the White House during the first Bush administration and was an assistant commerce secretary during the Reagan administration.

Democrats hold 58 seats in the Senate, with one seat -- in Minnesota -- still subject to legal challenge. In a statement issued earlier Monday, Lynch said Gregg had told him he would not give up his seat "if it changed the balance in the Senate."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/judd.gregg.commerce/index.html

The entire Democratic Party, including democratic voters, are cowards and pussies.

This will pass without a peep from democrats and all manner of excuses will be made-up to cover this incredible cowardice.

NEWLY ELECTED RNC CHAIR, MICHAEL STEELE, SAYS BIPARTISANSHIP IS OVERRATED

I said Obambi would be a pussy even before he took office.

The entire Democratic Party, including democratic voters, are cowards and pussies.

This will pass without a peep from democrats and all manner of excuses will be made-up to cover this incredible cowardice.

Would you prefer Obama appoint strictly left-wing extremists?

What I would prefer has nothing to do with it .. the reality is that Obambi and the democrats do not have the courage to lead the country in this time of crisis.

Republicans and their failed ideas lost the election big time, yet they still weild power as if they won. The fact that you called them "extremists" demonstrates the idiocy of your question.

I'd prefer that sane and sound economists like Paul Krugman have a voice in the conversation about economics. I'm sure he's an "extremist" to you.

I agree, this is mouth-dropping pussiness. I'm tougher than these guys, and I'm really not that tough.

This is pathetic.

Oh I am so tired of that stupid fucking strawman.

There are NO left wing extremists in government. He has appointed precisely one liberal.

There are a myriad of choices between "suck republican dick" and "appoint only left-wing extremists."

You are so used to decades of democrats sucking republican dick and republicans calling that "bipartisanship" that you believe we should all be equally brainwashed.

Not all of us are.

There are NO left wing extremists in government. He has appointed precisely one liberal.

There are a myriad of choices between "suck republican dick" and "appoint only left-wing extremists."

You are so used to decades of democrats sucking republican dick and republicans calling that "bipartisanship" that you believe we should all be equally brainwashed.

Not all of us are.

perhaps people are tired of your stupid fucking strawman of dick sucking republicans....

I agree, this is mouth-dropping pussiness. I'm tougher than these guys, and I'm really not that tough.

This is pathetic.

Even though its a canard, I could at least understand the "60 seat" thing.

But to capitulate and agree to appoint a republican is mind-blowing cowardice of the highest order. It's almost unbelieveable.

.. and pathetic.

Not all of us are.

I second that.

perhaps people are tired of your stupid fucking strawman of dick sucking republicans....

Surely, surely, surely you're not suggesting that republicans would appoint a liberal democrat to Commerce in times of serious financial crisis, are you?

Would you be suggesting that republicans are more bipartisan-friendly than democrats?

Surely, surely, surely you're not suggesting that republicans would appoint a liberal democrat to Commerce in times of serious financial crisis, are you?

Would you be suggesting that republicans are more bipartisan-friendly than democrats?
They seem more ready to accept offered seats in an Administration from the other party than the Ds were when Bush took office.

:dunno:

So far Obama seems intent on attempting to make everybody happy, that can only end unhappily. It never works. Even PT Barnum knew that.

Plus he's my kind of Republican, fiscal conservative, more liberal socially.

They seem more ready to accept offered seats in an Administration from the other party than the Ds were when Bush took office.

:dunno:

So far Obama seems intent on attempting to make everybody happy, that can only end unhappily. It never works. Even PT Barnum knew that.

Plus he's my kind of Republican, fiscal conservative, more liberal socially.

Can't argue with that .. you're right .. it will fail and end unhappily.

----------------------------
OD ing on the Koolade lass? Only a hack could make a statement like that and actually be serious,,....there are but a few moderate Dims in the entire Congress...<12
-----------------------------

Not all of us are.
a

You LOST. Get over it. You and your neo-fascist political agenda RUINED America, and you no longer have credibility. It's not going to happen. I don't want a conservative stain in an executive office.
LOL. It's already done.

I predicted he wouldn't accept unless he was assured that the seat would not go to a D, he got Obama to help him out with that and his former Chief of Staff is getting the seat.

Get over it... emo.

LOL. It's already done.

I predicted he wouldn't accept unless he was assured that the seat would not go to a D, he got Obama to help him out with that and his former Chief of Staff is getting the seat.

Get over it... emo.

I think you misunderstood me. Obama is the conservative stain.

Back