Lost out on the townhouse....

CanadianKid

Didnt want to pay asking price and some other bidder was willing to pay more than asking price...

At least I made the other bidder pay more than what they wanted to :)

CK

Buying a house is a decision that will effect you for a long, long time. It is best to miss out on a few. Get a list of foreclosures, check the ones that are running on two years, it may take a few but you might be able to buy with solid equity in this market.

Don't get all excited and overspend on something that you think is cool. This isn't a car.

I never knew this. Call me a chicken but I wouldn't sign for a loan that was 3 times what I make. Glad I got my place cheap.

I'm hoping the housing market crashes in Canada...although its probably not going to....

CK

CK, do you see yourself feeling any different when you have a home and support left-wing parties that tax away your money to provide social welfare townhomes for others? That doesn't bother you even a little?

CK, do you see yourself feeling any different when you have a home and support left-wing parties that tax away your money to provide social welfare townhomes for others? That doesn't bother you even a little?

I would rather support subsidized housing for low income families than subsidizing profitable oil companies like ExxonMobil in the USA...

CK

I would rather support subsidized housing for low income families than subsidizing profitable oil companies like ExxonMobil in the USA...

CK
Why support either? It is not some ultimatum to pick between one or the other. Are you sure the oil companies are being supported OR are they just getting some tax reduction? That's not support, just allowing them to keep more of their own money.

You say low income families, but tell me honestly, have you been to those projects and seen who lives there? Too often it's just some single mom who got banged by some guy as a teen, had a kid and now lives off of you. What does the kid learn?

And how do you justify people in apartments paying taxes for people on welfare to live better than them in social welfare townhomes?

Why support either? It is not some ultimatum to pick between one or the other. Are you sure the oil companies are being supported OR are they just getting some tax reduction? That's not support, just allowing them to keep more of their own money.

You say low income families, but tell me honestly, have you been to those projects and seen who lives there? Too often it's just some single mom who got banged by some guy as a teen, had a kid and now lives off of you. What does the kid learn?

And how do you justify people in apartments paying taxes for people on welfare to live better than them in social welfare townhomes?

Dano see this is the fundamental difference between us....

You want others to sink or swim....

I believe in a society that helps the poor among us....

CK

Back