Lou Dobbs - Republican ..... Damocles is wrong again...

CanadianKid

I remember a while back Damocles kept on arguing with me that Lou Dobbs is not a Republican....

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/06/cnns_dobbs_said_to_consider_a.html

CNN's Dobbs is said to consider a run for NJ Gov

It's a hot topic in Republican political and fund-raising circles: CNN's Lou Dobbs is thinking of running for governor of New Jersey.

Several well-connected Republicans say they've heard the buzz that Dobbs, famous for his sharp commentary about Washington policies and politics, may be turning his sights on Trenton and has inquired about the steps necessary to start a campaign.

Reached by telephone Wednesday at his home -- a 300-acre horse farm in Wantage, Sussex County -- Dobbs would not say whether he has any such plans. Asked if he wanted to deny it, Dobbs said, "I'm just not going to comment."

It would not be the first time Dobbs, the host and managing editor of CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight," was touted as a potential candidate. Around New Year's, his name was floated as a possible independent candidate for president, though he never entered the fray. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal in January he downplayed the idea of entering politics but said, "I cannot say never."

Dobbs, 62, first registered to vote in Sussex County in 1991 as a Republican, but switched to independent in 2006, according to the county Board of Elections.

State Republican Chairman Tom Wilson said Dobbs' interest in the Garden State's governorship is circulating among Republican officials and fund-raisers in Manhattan and Washington. Several told The Star-Ledger they had heard about it, although not directly from Dobbs.

"It's certainly a fun and interesting rumor but if he's seriously interested he'd be better off talking to people who actually live in New Jersey and who know what it takes to mount a campaign for governor," said Wilson, who managed the 1997 re-election campaign of then-Gov. Christie Whitman. If Dobbs is thinking about running for the GOP nomination, Wilson said, "The first thing he should do is register as a Republican."

David Norcross, a Republican National Committee member from New Jersey and an acquaintance of Dobbs, said it would be a "dreadful idea" for him to run for governor. Norcross said he would worry Dobbs would turn the governor's race into a platform for his views on the national and international issues he highlights on TV. "He ought to just stick to raising hell on issues on his TV show and leave New Jersey alone."

CK

Of course Dobbs is a republican .. he doesn't attempt to hard to hide it.

I'd like for him to run for office so he can find out he's just a news anchor.

Of course he's a Republican? With that idiot's stance on free trade? He seems to have started his own party of stupidity.

Dobbs, 62, first registered to vote in Sussex County in 1991 as a Republican, but switched to independent in 2006, according to the county Board of Elections.

Lets learn how to read and comprehend ...

Lets learn how to read and comprehend ...

You just read the words but you didn't comprehend the article ...

"State Republican Chairman Tom Wilson said Dobbs' interest in the Garden State's governorship is circulating among Republican officials and fund-raisers in Manhattan and Washington. "

Think they're all abuzz about Dobbs running as an independent?

You just read the words but you didn't comprehend the article ...

"State Republican Chairman Tom Wilson said Dobbs' interest in the Garden State's governorship is circulating among Republican officials and fund-raisers in Manhattan and Washington. "

Think they're all abuzz about Dobbs running as an independent?

The point of the topic... Dobbs is not currently a Republican.. he is a registered Independent ...

Has he decided to run ..yet? And has he decided what party he will represent? its only an article and he is registered Independent... case closed.

Republicans want to distance themselves from the populist faction of the conservative movement. That's why damocles the brainwash agent was selling that line. They're having a crusade within the party to get rid of non-internationalist fascists. Michael Medved claims there's no such thing as a neocon, much like threedee claims fascism cannot possibly be internationalist. These propaganda agents believe if you destroy the term you can obscure the reality. These arguments only work on fools, of course.

I dont think he is a republican though. I think he's a populist democrat.

These two parties are basically the same these days, as they share a common enemy, the american people.

switched to independent in 2006? One of those embaressed republicans that those on the right keep telling me do not exist.

Republicans want to distance themselves from the populist faction of the conservative movement. That's why damocles the brainwash agent was selling that line. They're having a crusade within the party to get rid of non-internationalist fascists. Michael Medved claims there's no such thing as a neocon, much like threedee claims fascism cannot possibly be internationalist. These propaganda agents believe if you destroy the term you can obscure the reality. These arguments only work on fools, of course.
I didn't "sell that line". There was a short time when I had mistakenly thought he was a D before he registered Independent, but I acknowledged my mistake.

Believing the guy that calls Desh "Conservative" and "Lieberman Democrat" may be a bit of a stretch even for you. Where were you? In DC setting off fire alarms and running away while blaming it on the Bilderbergs?

I didn't "sell that line". There was a short time when I had mistakenly thought he was a D before he registered Independent, but I acknowledged my mistake.

Believing the guy that calls Desh "Conservative" and "Lieberman Democrat" may be a bit of a stretch even for you. Where were you? In DC setting off fire alarms and running away while blaming it on the Bilderbergs?

their atrocities are already plentiful and real enough without me trying to frame them for pulling fire alarms. :cool:

their atrocities are already plentiful and real enough without me trying to frame them for pulling fire alarms. :cool:
Ah. So your answer is yes, but you don't want to admit it, then...

It's okay. We'll pretend it was somebody else who set off the alarm...

;)

***sigh***

He is a commentator not a news anchor...kinda akin to Mark Twain...a essayist!
and he is no longer a Republican...he is a Independent conservative...since 2006!

Republicans want to distance themselves from the populist faction of the conservative movement. That's why damocles the brainwash agent was selling that line. They're having a crusade within the party to get rid of non-internationalist fascists. Michael Medved claims there's no such thing as a neocon, much like THREEDEE claims fascism cannot possibly be internationalist. These propaganda agents believe if you destroy the term you can obscure the reality. These arguments only work on fools, of course.

Oh, hell yes, baby!!! I am an official Propaganda Agent!!! What now, JPP?!!?

On a much lesser note, fascism, by definition, cannot be internationalist. Neither can people in the private sector constitute evil government conspiracies of that nature. There must be governments and public officials involved for them to be a threat...

Oh, hell yes, baby!!! I am an official Propaganda Agent!!! What now, JPP?!!?

On a much lesser note, fascism, by definition, cannot be internationalist. Neither can people in the private sector constitute evil government conspiracies of that nature. There must be governments and public officials involved for them to be a threat...

It's something slightly new, but internationalist fascism is the closest term to describe. New terms are created as new realities emerge and we coin new to terms or combine existing ones to describe them.

And there are international governments with officials and everything, international treaties have the force of law inside signatory nations, becoming de facto laws of the land. This how john mccain will force us to buy our right to breathe with an insane carbon buying scheme. What we exhale has been deemed a pollutant, though it's a perfectly natural and necessary organic gas, used by plants as an input into their respiration cycle. But of course, the fascist in you loves this. People should have to buy the right to breathe, and if they can't afford it, they should die.

Blue Skies on Mars?

Back