Magical thinking.

Grugore

Verified User
You have probably heard some atheist claim that believing in a Creator is magical thing.
So, what do atheists believe?
Atheists believe that NO ONE created EVERYTHING from NOTHING.
I don't know about you, but that seems pretty magical to me.

Anyone is free to blindly guess that a god exists (or that several gods) exist...just as anyone is free to blindly guess that no gods exist.

One of those guesses is probably right. I say "probably right" because the true nature of existence may be so complicated that either YES or NO on the question may not be the only options.

In any case, it seems to me that just acknowledging that none of us KNOWS for sure is the more ethical way to deal with the issue.

TWO THINGS:

ONE: I realize that some people who blindly guess there is at least one god...are going to insist that they KNOW there is at least one god...and that some people who blindly guess there are no gods...are going to insist that they KNOW there are no gods.

The people in both those groups are full of shit.

TWO: Many of the people making those blind guesses (in both directions) are going to refer to their blind guesses as "beliefs."

Okay...if you have to call your blind guesses "beliefs"...nothing in law to stop you.

You have probably heard some atheist claim that believing in a Creator is magical thing.

We are all stuck here however that happened.

We are all stuck here however that happened.

True enough. But one belief, if true, leads to eternal life. The other to eternal suffering. Just how sure are you that there is no God? It's not the kind of question you want to leave unanswered. There is a lot riding on it. Like, everything.

You're lying. I'm an atheist, and do not believe that.

Every society had a creation story to answer the question "where did we come from".. Don't take it literally.. Genesis wasn't intended as science or history..

True enough. But one belief, if true, leads to eternal life. The other to eternal suffering. Just how sure are you that there is no God? It's not the kind of question you want to leave unanswered. There is a lot riding on it. Like, everything.

Well the Bible says we get a do over lightening round if we get it wrong on Round 1.

How can any sane person pretend to WORSHIP a god that will punish someone for disobeying by torturing them for all the rest of eternity???

That is like a parent punishing a child for disobeying by using a chainsaw on his face!

How can any sane person pretend to WORSHIP a god that will punish someone for disobeying by torturing them for all the rest of eternity???

That is like a parent punishing a child for disobeying by using a chainsaw on his face!

The Jehovah Witnesses see it differently....and seem to have a lot more Biblical support than say the fire and brimstone Baptists, but whatever. People should do what works for them.

it is just the nature of what exists

who created god

your own theory has the same problem IF you insist its a problem

shit happens.......that's why they think the earth is shit......

Every society had a creation story to answer the question "where did we come from".. Don't take it literally.. Genesis wasn't intended as science or history..

Genesis 1:1 is written in the Hebrew imperative....."In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" is a command........

Back