Making America great again

Kari Lake, losing contender for the governorship of Arizona, addressing the Republican state convention in Georgia:

“If you want to get to President [sic] Trump, you are going to have go through me, and you are going to have to go through 75 million Americans just like me. And I’m going to tell you, most of us are card-carrying members of the N.R.A.”

The crowd cheered.

Ex-President Trump addressing the same convention:

“Either the Communists win and destroy America, or we destroy the Communists” [presumably meaning anyone who doesn’t back Trump].

Joe Kent, Republican House candidate in Washington State:

“This just shows what many of us have been saying for a very long time. We’re at war.”

Isn’t that great?

It wouldn’t be a civil war as some of them imagine, but it could turn violent and do grave damage to America if public figures continue talking like this. Trump doesn’t give a damn, of course. Do any of the others?

Kari Lake, losing contender for the governorship of Arizona, addressing the Republican state convention in Georgia:

“If you want to get to President [sic] Trump, you are going to have go through me, and you are going to have to go through 75 million Americans just like me. And I’m going to tell you, most of us are card-carrying members of the N.R.A.”

The crowd cheered.

Ex-President Trump addressing the same convention:

“Either the Communists win and destroy America, or we destroy the Communists” [presumably meaning anyone who doesn’t back Trump].

Joe Kent, Republican House candidate in Washington State:

“This just shows what many of us have been saying for a very long time. We’re at war.”

Isn’t that great?

It wouldn’t be a civil war as some of them imagine, but it could turn violent and do grave damage to America if public figures continue talking like this. Trump doesn’t give a damn, of course. Do any of the others?

I've been hearing the rightwing holler and bluster about second amendment solutions since the 1980s.

They don't have the balls for it.

Back