March Madness

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
Anyone have their brackets completed?

Virginia Tech is going to overtime with Florida Gators!

I love March Madness!

I have them going to the big 8, Obama has them winning.

They are the heavy favorite

Always play by conference, this year, Big Ten is by far the best conference, covered all Big Ten teams. On the opposite end, the ACC is down, played against them everywhere except for Florida State, only ACC to advance a couple spots

I have them going to the big 8, Obama has them winning.

Every time they hit a milestone, I assume that the program will cool down, and then I look up and analysts are raving that this is the best team yet. Perhaps some of the usual suspects (Duke, NC, Florida, KY, Nova, Oregon, etc., have cooled down enough for it to happen).

When it comes to winter college sports, I'm like Owl...I live in hockey country.
Even our young ladies rattle each other's dentures with vicious board checks.
Not exactly Peggy Flemings, these girls.

But people love March Madness and got cheated out of it last year.
Please enjoy, guys.

Every time they hit a milestone, I assume that the program will cool down, and then I look up and analysts are raving that this is the best team yet. Perhaps some of the usual suspects (Duke, NC, Florida, KY, Nova, Oregon, etc., have cooled down enough for it to happen).
Theyre undefeated, and they were not all cupcakes. This team is for real.

They played great, they were hungry.

Tennessee lost as well, by 14 points.

Florida and Virginia State was a great game.

I imagine the Ohio game was a bracket buster.

I'm enjoying the upsets. Loyola Chicago was a fun Cinderella program a few years ago, and, Oregon State rarely earns much attention.

I thought VA Tech might pull off another upset.

The Big10 really surprised me... They were clearly the best conference, but they laid an egg in the tourney... and the PAC 12 surprised me too, but in the opposite way.

I was expecting a more evenly matched USC-Oregon game, but the Trojans dominated the whole game. All three WC states are going to be represented in the Elite Eight, probably for the first time.

I finished watching the big dance last night. Loved the upsets....Ohio State, Texas, Illinois, etc. Loved watching Houston's run because I like Sampson. I was ecstatic when Suggs hit the shot to beat UCLA because...well, ... it's UCLA. That set up a final where I could sit back, relax and enjoy. If Baylor won...go Big 12. If Gonzaga won...I got to witness some awesome sports history.

All in all, it was a fun tournament and much needed after last year's got COVID-ed out. But that's the end of basketball season now. Now on to baseball.

As a good friend said...Gonzaga found out what it's like to play a really good team...after getting used to playing teams much worse than you...Just ask UNLV in 1991.....

Back