Marriage Protection Amendment

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
The full text:

Section 1. This article may be cited as the `Marriage Protection Amendment'.

Section 2. Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither this Constitution, nor the constitution of any State, shall be construed to require that marriage or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon any union other than the union of a man and a woman.

Co-sponsored by Larry Craig and David Vitter.

Hilarious.

This is insulting to the US Constitution and the amendment process. The founders never intended things this trivial be even introduced. And Larry Craig talking about marriage is just almost enough for me to go out and find him and tear his throat out and show it to him as he drowns in his own blood.

This is a piece of garbage. For them to try and create a constitutional amendment to define marriage is the worst sort of pandering, hate-mongering and bigotry.

This is insulting to the US Constitution and the amendment process. The founders never intended things this trivial be even introduced. And Larry Craig talking about marriage is just almost enough for me to go out and find him and tear his throat out and show it to him as he drowns in his own blood.

Don't hold back Socr!!!

Ahhh .. this piece of shit has one other noteble sponsor .. none other than "live and let live" Ron Paul.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul207.html

How about you try reading the f**king article. Paul OPPOSES the Amendment, arguing that existing laws (i.e. Defense of Marriage Act) and simple legislation (Marriage Protection Act) are sufficient. Re: Ron Paul does NOT support a Constitutional amendment. And I agree with him. This amendment is a waste of time; we have much more important issues facing our nation.

Last edited:
How about you try reading the f**king article. Paul OPPOSES the Amendment, arguing that existing laws (i.e. Defense of Marriage Act) and simple legislation (Marriage Protection Act) are sufficient. Re: Ron Paul does NOT support a Constitutional amendment. And I agree with him. This amendment is a waste of time; we have much more important issues facing our nation.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h108-3313

Why don't you kiss my ass.

Paul believes that marriage should be protected from gays, which is the larger point, and as demonstrated, was an original co-sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act.

The Marriage Protection Act and the legislation for constitutional amendment are BOTH pieces of shit and a waste of time.

Last edited:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h108-3313

Why don't you kiss my ass.

Paul believes that marriage should be protected from gays, which is the larger point, and as demonstrated, was an original co-sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act.

There is a world of difference, dumbass.

The Marriage Protection AMENDMENT is, obviously, an amendment to the Constitution that would FORCE States to recognize a one-size-fits-all definition of marriage. While I do believe marriage should remain between one man and one woman, I do NOT believe the Federal government should decide on the matter. Nor does Ron Paul.

The Marriage Protection ACT merely limits the power of the courts to "redefine" marriage, ensuring that marriage is defined via the legislature, the people, or the Constitutions of the States. It is effectively a block on judicial tyranny. But I guess we're just clinging to that crazy notion called the "democratic process." Go figure.

Now that you've had your ass handed to you on a silver platter, why don't you pack your bags and move to Cuba or North Korea. :)

There is a world of difference, dumbass.

The Marriage Protection AMENDMENT is, obviously, an amendment to the Constitution that would FORCE States to recognize a one-size-fits-all definition of marriage. While I do believe marriage should remain between one man and one woman, I do NOT believe the Federal government should decide on the matter. Nor does Ron Paul.

The Marriage Protection ACT merely limits the power of the courts to "redefine" marriage, ensuring that marriage is defined via the legislature, the people, or the Constitutions of the States. It is effectively a block on judicial tyranny. But I guess we're just clinging to that crazy notion called the "democratic process." Go figure.

Now that you've had your ass handed to you on a silver platter, why don't you pack your bags and move to Cuba or North Korea. :)

:)

I got a better idea asswipe .. visit Atlanta and see if you can make me move.

I'd really enjoy that. :)

I'll repeat for the lobotomized .. BOTH the Act and attempt an an amendment are pieces of shit and a complete waste of time. They BOTH attempt to define marriage through the prisms of a hundred years past. Neither will be effective in stopping the evolution of American society.

Marriage Protection Act .. stupid as fuck .. particularly given the astronomical rates of divorce in this country. It appears that "marriage" should be protected from different sex unions given that same sex marriages have not contributed toi the astronomical rates of divorce.

PLEASE consider that Atlanta daytrip you idiot.

:)

I got a better idea asswipe .. visit Atlanta and see if you can make me move.

I'd really enjoy that. :)

I'll repeat for the lobotomized .. BOTH the Act and attempt an an amendment are pieces of shit and a complete waste of time. They BOTH attempt to define marriage through the prisms of a hundred years past. Neither will be effective in stopping the evolution of American society.

Marriage Protection Act .. stupid as fuck .. particularly given the astronomical rates of divorce in this country. It appears that "marriage" should be protected from different sex unions given that same sex marriages have not contributed toi the astronomical rates of divorce.

PLEASE consider that Atlanta daytrip you idiot.

You are in Atlanta, BAC? No wonder you sound like you have some sense.

But as for the invite you extended, surely you don't expect him to be able to navigate Atlanta traffic?

You are in Atlanta, BAC? No wonder you sound like you have some sense.

But as for the invite you extended, surely you don't expect him to be able to navigate Atlanta traffic?

If he comes to Atlanta, he'll navigate the traffic real fast trying to get his ass outta here. :)

I lived in Los Angeles for several years .. so the traffic in Atlanta is almost non-existent to me.

Are you in Atlanta?

If he comes to Atlanta, he'll navigate the traffic real fast trying to get his ass outta here. :)

I lived in Los Angeles for several years .. so the traffic in Atlanta is almost non-existent to me.

Are you in Atlanta?

Everytime I go to ATL I spend an extra hour trying to battle the traffic.

A recent study had atlanta behind only LA for traffic congestion.

I do it twice a week, at least, and pray it doesn't rain.

A recent study had atlanta behind only LA for traffic congestion.

I do it twice a week, at least, and pray it doesn't rain.

Yeah so many drivers can just barely keep from crashing when conditions are perfect. When the rain starts so does the sirens.

But once you've lived in LA or San Francisco or spent time in New York, Atlanta traffic is tolerable .. especially since gas prices have risen. Even the morning commute is better.

Yeah so many drivers can just barely keep from crashing when conditions are perfect. When the rain starts so does the sirens.

Rain?

If a snowflake is sighted in the next county Atlanta drivers start sliding into each other.

Even Nature knows better than to snow too often in Atlanta.

Back