Maybe it's best if we pretend this isn't happening

Cypress

Increased U.S. airstrikes in Iraq killing more civilians

Published: Friday May 23, 2008

A surge in US airstrikes within densely populated areas of Iraq has led to a dramatic rise in civilian casualties.

According to the Washington Post, ever since an attempted crackdown on Shi'ite militias by the Iraqi government in March, which led to increased attacks on the Green Zone in Baghdad that killed some Americans, the US military has been firing missiles almost every day into the crowded Shi'ite slum of Sadr City.

Residents describe the attacks as indiscriminate and say they have led to many civilian deaths. However, the US Army states that they choose their targets carefully and often refrain from firing for fear of civilian casualties.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/U.S._airstrike_kills_8_Iraqi_civilians_0523.html

Seems like only yesterday that Dixie was saying "You can whine about all of the innocent Iraqis we've killed"...probably because it was only yesterday.

Generally, I hear 2 responses from the right on stuff like this. There is the Bushie supporting wing that uses terms like "collateral damage" and says it's an unfortunate part of a necessary war. Then, there is the "Deliverance" wing of the party, who tell us that these people would just as soon kill us without hesitating, and that they shouldn't have attacked us on 9/11 if they cared about their own lives.

Seems like only yesterday that Dixie was saying "You can whine about all of the innocent Iraqis we've killed"...probably because it was only yesterday.

Generally, I hear 2 responses from the right on stuff like this. There is the Bushie supporting wing that uses terms like "collateral damage" and says it's an unfortunate part of a necessary war. Then, there is the "Deliverance" wing of the party, who tell us that these people would just as soon kill us without hesitating, and that they shouldn't have attacked us on 9/11 if they cared about their own lives.

SF told me I was nothing but a moron who people laugh at because I would even believe that more than a handful of civilians were killed by our air campaigns in Iraq.

"and that they shouldn't have attacked us on 9/11 if they cared about their own lives"

I haven't seen anybody post this. Do you live by a compound of people who have no TVs but know about the 9/11 attacks?

"and that they shouldn't have attacked us on 9/11 if they cared about their own lives"

I haven't seen anybody post this. Do you live by a compound of people who have no TVs but know about the 9/11 attacks?

I can find plenty of posts on the board equating Iraqis to those who attacked us on 9/11.

As for them being disposed to "kill us in a heartbeat," I've seen a few letters to the editor in the local rag & heard comments on talk radio to that effect. My encounters with right-wingers, unfortunately, are not limited to this board.

I can find plenty of posts on the board equating Iraqis to those who attacked us on 9/11.

As for them being disposed to "kill us in a heartbeat," I've seen a few letters to the editor in the local rag & heard comments on talk radio to that effect. My encounters with right-wingers, unfortunately, are not limited to this board.
Show me the posts then. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I don't remember them.

I like that: The deliverance wing. :clink:

SF told me I was nothing but a moron who people laugh at because I would even believe that more than a handful of civilians were killed by our air campaigns in Iraq.

Darla, Darla....we aren't intentionally killing or targeting any civilians. Surely Iraqi widows can understand this.

Actually the term most used in the middle east is Martyred (sp?). Kind of a different viewpoint from the victims side in the middle east.

It fuels more terrorists against us.

And I think we would be the same way if the situation were reversed and muslims had invaded and occupied the USA and had Bush hanged. blown our infrastructure to hell. Not much net, water , electricity, food, Jobs, medical care, etc... Oh wait I think the Republicans are working on that angle aleready.

Last edited:
Back