McCain and Black morality

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10470.html

Black statement conflicts with record
By MIKE ALLEN * 5/19/08 10:28 PM EST Text Size:

Charlie Black, a senior adviser for the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), told reporters Monday that he never lobbies candidates for whom he’s working.

“I have personally had a policy that, if I’m working in somebody’s campaign that I do not lobby they and their staff, since 1984,” Black said, as reported by The New York Times.

But that firm statement could provide fodder for the opposition in the upcoming general election.

Black served as an informal adviser to the Bush-Cheney reelection campaign in 2004.

Lobbying filings show that in 2003 and 2004, Black’s firm lobbied the Defense Department, State Department and Executive Office of the President on behalf of the Fluor Corp., a U.S. contractor in Iraq.

And the filings show that in 2004, Black’s firm lobbied the Executive Office of the President on behalf of Occidental Petroleum Corp. on Middle East trade and energy issues.

The McCain campaign did not dispute the records, but declined to comment.

Another Republican source pointed out that Black played a peripheral role, participating in conference calls with an array of Bush-friendly pundits.

I thought McSame was getting rid of all the lobbiests working on his campaign ?

But then would he have anyone left ?

Back