McCain Backs Down... Will attend debate!

Jarod

Contributor
After all the threats, whining and crying...

He is going to the debate!

Nice try McCain.

Is this how he will run the nation if elected, with empty threats?

Listen, the entire thing stinks, McCain put himself into a no win situation. He said he would not debate until a deal was passed on the bailout.

No deal was passed.

Now he is faced with a no win situation, he debates and looks weak for backing down... or he does not debate and looks like a wimp who cant do two things at once.

The winning move would be to have not made the threat in the first place... Kinda like Obama!

Imagine what Republicans had said if Obama had tried to weasle out of a debate!

Listen, the entire thing stinks, McCain put himself into a no win situation. He said he would not debate until a deal was passed on the bailout.

No deal was passed.

Now he is faced with a no win situation, he debates and looks weak for backing down... or he does not debate and looks like a wimp who cant do two things at once.

The winning move would be to have not made the threat in the first place... Kinda like Obama!

That's the democrats fault.

Hes going to get his clock cleaned

I hope so, But I doubt it.

In fact he has done a pretty good job of lowering expectations over the past few days, making it look like he was afraid...

We're having friends over and we're going to have hors d'oevres, drinks and probably a lot of laughs no matter what happens.

The debate I'd want to see is Cynthia McKinney, Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, and Bob Barr .. where something much closer to the truth can be discusssed.

The debate I'd want to see is Cynthia McKinney, Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, and Bob Barr .. where something much closer to the truth can be discusssed.

On that note.... how do people see Barr and McKinney effecting the election in swing states? Obviously most polls are focusing strictly on McCain vs Obama.

I haven't seen too many that include Barr and McKinney. Could they cost McCain or Obama any states in particular?

On that note.... how do people see Barr and McKinney effecting the election in swing states? Obviously most polls are focusing strictly on McCain vs Obama.

I haven't seen too many that include Barr and McKinney. Could they cost McCain or Obama any states in particular?

I've seen polls that suggest that Nader is pulling away from McCain, but that was a long while ago. I haven't looked at any multiple candidate polls in a while, and I think polling agencies shy away from them because the third party candidates always have less than a margin of error of support and any amount they get usually means nothing other than, well yes, they will recieve votes. Third party candidates always poll far better than they perform.

Georgia, where both McKinney and Barr are from could be at risk to both corporate candidates .. particularly Obambi where he needs a huge black turnout to win.

But McCain is at risk as well because Barr could attract just enough conservatives to give the state to Obambi.

Going to be interesting here.

Threats? To who?

Whinning, crying? Who did not want their schedule changed to help protect the American people from Paulson and mob?

McCain was doing his job as a Senator (not a good one though), and he did at least something to put Pauson and Dobbs in check, just by showing up. Your multi culti candidate told the American people to fuck off "I will be there when you need me--if I can be of help"---and trust Paulson.

We are this close to having many Americans future aspirations whiped out by Paulson pushing a three page bill ASAP--and your boy wanted to shoot staples into a telephone poll. What do you expect from a politician who has not actually accomplished anything but a campaign?

LIBERIALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER!!!!

Georgia, where both McKinney and Barr are from could be at risk to both corporate candidates .. particularly Obambi where he needs a huge black turnout to win.

But McCain is at risk as well because Barr could attract just enough conservatives to give the state to Obambi.

Going to be interesting here.

Lets just let Barr & McKinney have a debate. We could use Jerry Springer's security guys. Because you know those two wouldn't pull any punches.

Lets just let Barr & McKinney have a debate. We could use Jerry Springer's security guys. Because you know those two wouldn't pull any punches.

But Bob Bar is black isn't he? :eek:

C'mon .. lighten up on the brother. :)

I'd include Paul .. he's absolutely correct on the bailout, so is McKinney.

I'd include Nader .. just tell him not to call Obambi an "Uncle Tom" now .. let Jesse do it.

Last edited:
Back