McCain blames 'greedy' for recession

uscitizen

Villified User
McCain blames 'greedy' for recession

By Stephen Dinan
April 14, 2008

Sen. John McCain this morning said "greedy" Wall Street investors are partly to blame for what he said is probably an economic recession the nation is now suffering.

"There has to be a modification of the greedy behavior of some of these people," he said, using the word "greedy" repeatedly in remarks to the Associated Press annual meeting at the Washington Convention Center today.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/NATION/195874612/1001

Wow! McSame a doomer :shock:

That has got to be one of the top ten missteps by a republican I have ever seen. Has McCain become a populist? Are the Rich bad? That is what it sounds like to me. Wow to be wrong and going against the Republican Play book all in one statement is pretty amazing.

Had nothing to do with 1% interest rates and the community reinvestment act at all. Only greedy wall street people.

I am lovin it. :D

Has altzheimers already set in ? Or desperation ?

Perhaps McSame has an idea of how bad things will likely get ?
In that case a little preemptive politics ?

What a joke the old timer is. I sure hope you dems nominate Obama so I have someone to vote for. McCain gets no vote from me.

What a bunch of hypocrits...!

If Obama had said this nothing but praises would follow! I do believe Obama feels the same way...he has said the same in a different way!:eek:

That has got to be one of the top ten missteps by a republican I have ever seen. Has McCain become a populist? Are the Rich bad? That is what it sounds like to me. Wow to be wrong and going against the Republican Play book all in one statement is pretty amazing.

He said they are PARTLY to blame. They are. Did he say anything about them being solely to blame? Did he state that the greed was only theirs?

He said they are PARTLY to blame. They are. Did he say anything about them being solely to blame? Did he state that the greed was only theirs?
It was barely mentioned in the story, bypassed quickly, it wasn't even the meat of the story itself.

Had nothing to do with 1% interest rates and the community reinvestment act at all. Only greedy wall street people.

Do you also have reading comprehension issues? He stated quite clearly that they were PARTLY to blame. They were. That doesn't mean there weren't other factors.

It was barely mentioned in the story, bypassed quickly, it wasn't even the meat of the story itself.

I know. Some of the same people talking about how Obama's recent quote isn't a big deal now try to make this into something? By stating the fact that the investment banks were indeed partly responsible. Wow. Apparently neither Obama nor McCain are allowed to tell people the truth.

Mcfossil has zero chance against Obama. You can't be a republican and say you know nothing much about the economy.
Obama (elitist comments aside) went to Harvard and will run circles around Mcfossil on the economy.

Back