McCain Hates Work - Dodges Yet Another Vote

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
So the Senate voted on its so-called stimulus package yesterday. It was successfully filibustered by the G.O.P. The roll call vote was 58-41-1. No, the last column is not ties. It's the "not voting" column. And the only Senator who couldn't be bothered to show up for the vote is John McCain.

"Who cares?," you say. Well, as it turns out, McCain would actually have been the deciding vote. The bill needed 60 votes to go to the floor for a straight up-or-down vote. It got 58 votes. "Well, that's two votes short. McCain didn't matter," you say.

Well, as it turns out, Reid, due to procedural niceties, was the 41st vote against cloture. Had McCain voted in favor of the bill, Reid would have voted in favor of the bill and it would have moved on. Instead, McCain took a pass.

Regardless of whether you think the plan has any merit, shouldn't someone who wants to be president at least take the time out of his day to cast what could be a deciding vote on an issue that is at the forefront of the debate?

And this isn't the first time. John McCain has missed more votes (56.7%) han anyone in the Senate that hasn't had a severe brain hemorrhage. In fact, he has missed more votes than he has participated in.

Last edited:
notice obama and hillary went.

hillary and mccain are like the same person.
obama is the only conservative running.

McCain was afraid to take a stand on the package.
A wussy that will suck back up to bush after bush kicked him in the balls, nothing more.

And this isn't the first time. John McCain has missed more votes (56.7%) han anyone in the Senate that hasn't had a severe brain hemorrhage. In fact, he has missed more votes than he has participated in.

Please provide a link that shows the voting percentages for all Senators. thanks.

Well I am not a fan of this "stimulus package" BUT if I were Romney I would now run hard that McCain didn't show up and vote so he was AGAINST giving the taxpayers back some of the money the government took from them at gunpoint earlier. I would paint him as anti-common person. This non vote could be used effectively by a smart campaign manager. I am not sure that there are many of those left.

EDIT: Nevermind all this. Romney is dropping out today so this is all moot. Now will Huckabee drop out or will he now try to reap the conservative vote in the remaining states?

Last edited:
Larry Craig missed 7%. He must have really good organizational skills. I don't know how you manage toe-tapping endeavours and being a senator and family man all at once.

hats off.

Larry Craig missed 7%. He must have really good organizational skills. I don't know how you manage toe-tapping endeavours and being a senator and family man all at once.

hats off.
Don't forget the janitorial endeavors. I mean, picking up random pieces of toilet paper can be described as nothing but volunteer janitorialism...

Don't forget the janitorial endeavors. I mean, picking up random pieces of toilet paper can be described as nothing but volunteer janitorialism...

LOL, Yep I do not know how the man did it. but then Gays are often energetic go getters.
Sharp dressers and neatness nuts too.

Back